VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I-9 Appeal Form

Rate this question

Berta

Question

NVLSP suggests adding this into the I-9 form- usually there is enough space under the hearing questions on the I-9 form.

"I take exception to and preserve for appeal ALL errors the VARO may have made or the Board hereafter might could make in deciding this appeal. This includes all legal errors, all factual errors, failure to follow M21-1,all due process errors and any failures to discharge the duty to assist as violation of basic VA laws and regulations within 38 USCS and 38 CFR."

I cant find my old post here on this but Ron Abrams, attorney for NVLSP, was delighted I posted this info at hadit quite some time ago-in essense you are preserving some appellate rights by doing this-

Also- as I suggested in my older post-since there isnt much room on page one for your argument, it pays to state right away what the VA did wrong-

such as-the VA failed to consider my SMRs as attached -that refer to my disability manifested in service.

or the VA failed to consider my IMO, my notarized buddy statement ---stuff like that-

you can attach more pages and make sure your C file number, name and address are on them, and don't hesitate to refer to and enclose again what the VARO failed to consider.(in case the MF removed it from the C file prior to BVA transfer)(MF mysterious force)

Years ago -before my daughter went into the Mil- she mentioned many times that I always seemed to be sending the VA the same stuff-on my older claims-

it amazes me just how many times I had to re-supply the evidence-

and send it all certified or priority hoping it would not disappear again-

but all the missing stuff showed up when I asked for a copy of my C file some years ago-

I am going through the same thing again-with my present claim-

and I sure would not want the BVA to get an I-9 from me with evidence referred to-but somehow missing from the C file.

It pays to also send with your I-9 a brief list of the Exhibits attached.This way the BVA will know what to look for and hopefully none of it will be missing.

I am still astonished that one BVA claim had 4 IMOs with it that the RO had never even considered.The BVA awarded the claim based on the IMOs. This is just awful.Federal Employees at ROs are being paid to overlook critical evidence.

Good thing they dont work for the CIA.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Are you referring to VA Form 9 ?

There is no space under #8 Hearing ...#10 is why you think VA decided yout case incorrectly...Is this the area you want the above statement listed "I take exception to..." you wrote in your notations ?

NVLSP suggests adding this into the I-9 form- usually there is enough space under the hearing questions on the I-9 form.

"I take exception to and preserve for appeal ALL errors the VARO may have made or the Board hereafter might could make in deciding this appeal. This includes all legal errors, all factual errors, failure to follow M21-1,all due process errors and any failures to discharge the duty to assist as violation of basic VA laws and regulations within 38 USCS and 38 CFR."

I cant find my old post here on this but Ron Abrams, attorney for NVLSP, was delighted I posted this info at hadit quite some time ago-in essense you are preserving some appellate rights by doing this-

Also- as I suggested in my older post-since there isnt much room on page one for your argument, it pays to state right away what the VA did wrong-

such as-the VA failed to consider my SMRs as attached -that refer to my disability manifested in service.

or the VA failed to consider my IMO, my notarized buddy statement ---stuff like that-

you can attach more pages and make sure your C file number, name and address are on them, and don't hesitate to refer to and enclose again what the VARO failed to consider.(in case the MF removed it from the C file prior to BVA transfer)(MF mysterious force)

Years ago -before my daughter went into the Mil- she mentioned many times that I always seemed to be sending the VA the same stuff-on my older claims-

it amazes me just how many times I had to re-supply the evidence-

and send it all certified or priority hoping it would not disappear again-

but all the missing stuff showed up when I asked for a copy of my C file some years ago-

I am going through the same thing again-with my present claim-

and I sure would not want the BVA to get an I-9 from me with evidence referred to-but somehow missing from the C file.

It pays to also send with your I-9 a brief list of the Exhibits attached.This way the BVA will know what to look for and hopefully none of it will be missing.

I am still astonished that one BVA claim had 4 IMOs with it that the RO had never even considered.The BVA awarded the claim based on the IMOs. This is just awful.Federal Employees at ROs are being paid to overlook critical evidence.

Good thing they dont work for the CIA.

I reduced my font, typed this statement in Word and then cut it out, taped it into the space under the hearing part- and scanned it all after I had cut and pasted my opening argument into the appeal part at the bottom.

It doesnt matter where you put it-

Ricky posted a case here today where the BVA caught the ROs errors right away- in the appeal-

This statement- in the event RO did make errors which were prejudicial to the claimant-preserves them on appeal in case the BVA doesnt catch them.

I feel a claimant should raise ALL errors the RO made in the adjudication of the claim within their formal appeal.

The vet in the case Ricky posted could have lost his restoration of his comp-but the BVA caught a critical error the VA had made.

Berta, Please read can you top this and esp my last notation to assist me with my info to write...haven't gotten copy yet from VSO. Thanks

Berta,

Got copy of my Form 9 today very brief..under 9 b is checked and written under that is lumbar spine.

That's it 2 words lumbar spine, nothing more nothing less.

Now what am I to do????

I reduced my font, typed this statement in Word and then cut it out, taped it into the space under the hearing part- and scanned it all after I had cut and pasted my opening argument into the appeal part at the bottom.

It doesnt matter where you put it-

Ricky posted a case here today where the BVA caught the ROs errors right away- in the appeal-

This statement- in the event RO did make errors which were prejudicial to the claimant-preserves them on appeal in case the BVA doesnt catch them.

I feel a claimant should raise ALL errors the RO made in the adjudication of the claim within their formal appeal.

The vet in the case Ricky posted could have lost his restoration of his comp-but the BVA caught a critical error the VA had made.

Just found out my claim/file was sent to BVA in D.C. (yesterday) by VA but confirmed by my VSO right now(today) as this is to be true.( It was sent on friday 18th Jul 08)

So I know I have 90 days to submit more information and longer if I waive jurisdiction, but I wanted more on my Form 9 as I found out it only was shown to have lumbar spine written on the form.

Requested a copy of the 646 so I do not know what is written on that. SO can I expand whatever is written on these forms?

Already have appointment for update IMO in a few weeks. Now what else should I do to help my case?

I found a person who was a personal assistant and office manager of a physician I saw in 1970...as she worked there for years and he delivered my 3rd and 4th child. He died in the late 1970's so there were no records to be found, however what weight would there be in my favor if she writes a summary of my back injury and continuance of chronic back pain and physician visits as she remembers me and my problems. What type of influence do you think this would be in granting a continuance of back condition during the year of my discharge?

I have given information validating back treatments since the early 1970's but this would qualify since the actual year of 1970.

Berta,

Got copy of my Form 9 today very brief..under 9 b is checked and written under that is lumbar spine.

That's it 2 words lumbar spine, nothing more nothing less.

Now what am I to do????