VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Strange Phone Call Last Night

Rate this question

Testvet

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

About 530 pm the phone rang and it was someone named Steve and that he worked for Senator Larry Craig on the Senate VA Committee and that he was calling me to let me know that he was calling the VARO in reference to my letter to Senator Craig dated 22 Nov 05, it basically said that the statistics that shows it takes an average of 960 days to get a BVA appeal finished was ridiculous and that with the myriad of health problems I have I didn't think I was going to live that long, and that my wife and son deserved the benefits before I died, not years later.

He was already mad about the lies the VARO told to VA in DC about my use as a human test subject, and after that I received a letter where they were processing my claim for damages caused by the chemical wepaons and drug tests, and that they have already scheduled 2 C&P exams abouth the claims, within a week after I filed the paperwork in regards to their Nov 8th letter, I submitted last Thursday, I got the C&P notice yesterday, pretty fast work for the VARO.

But he said he was going to call, the VARO today and wanted my permission to speak with my service officer from the DAV, I of course told him yes. After that call he said he would call the VARO and then call me back to tell me what I could expect to happen.

It seems as if even Senator Craig does not like to be lied to by the VA. I asked the man if he was going to see the Senator, and if so please tell him how grateful my family is for his personal involvement that he has taken in my case, and now that he is involved, the VARO is finally addressing the real issues, instead of ignoring them, as they have since I first wrote Sec Principi in Nov 2002 when I first became totally disabled and asked him for help.

It may turn out to be a good Xmas afterall, it just seems odd that Santa this year looks like Senator Craig. We have all read how he is on the whole seems to be working against unemployability vets, PTSD vets etc, so this has taken me by surprise. I am just grateful that this nightmare seems to finally be coming to en end. That will help my family, security for them is all I have ever wanted. The activisn for the test vets started because of wall the VARO created about the test issues and their ignoring them.

Edited by Testvet

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

The good Senator may not care to be lied to but he best get used to it cause that is the only thing the VA is good at.

About 530 pm the phone rang and it was someone named Steve and that he worked for Senator Larry Craig on the Senate VA Committee and that he was calling me to let me know that he was calling the VARO in reference to my letter to Senator Craig dated 22 Nov 05, it basically said that the statistics that shows it takes an average of 960 days to get a BVA appeal finished was ridiculous and that with the myriad of health problems I have I didn't think I was going to live that long, and that my wife and son deserved the benefits before I died, not years later.

He was already mad about the lies the VARO told to VA in DC about my use as a human test subject, and after that I received a letter where they were processing my claim for damages caused by the chemical wepaons and drug tests, and that they have already scheduled 2 C&P exams abouth the claims, within a week after I filed the paperwork in regards to their Nov 8th letter, I submitted last Thursday, I got the C&P notice yesterday, pretty fast work for the VARO.

But he said he was going to call, the VARO today and wanted my permission to speak with my service officer from the DAV, I of course told him yes. After that call he said he would call the VARO and then call me back to tell me what I could expect to happen.

It seems as if even Senator Craig does not like to be lied to by the VA. I asked the man if he was going to see the Senator, and if so please tell him how grateful my family is for his personal involvement that he has taken in my case, and now that he is involved, the VARO is finally addressing the real issues, instead of ignoring them, as they have since I first wrote Sec Principi in Nov 2002 when I first became totally disabled and asked him for help.

It may turn out to be a good Xmas afterall, it just seems odd that Santa this year looks like Senator Craig. We have all read how he is on the whole seems to be working against unemployability vets, PTSD vets etc, so this has taken me by surprise. I am just grateful that this nightmare seems to finally be coming to en end. That will help my family, security for them is all I have ever wanted. The activisn for the test vets started because of wall the VARO created about the test issues and their ignoring them.

We all have been used just in different ways.

:)