VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Privacy Act Documents

Rate this question

Guest DDWUSN

Question

Guest DDWUSN

The VA contacted me about 2 months after I originally submitted my claim. I had called 2x to ask questions about forwarding information, and if my claim was being processed as it was sent from one office to another. They told me they had my claim on the first week of July and it was being worked. The processor called me and asked me for the 21-526 about 2 weeks later. I explained I had submitted it with the records I turned in. He said he never recieved one and I began asking about other documents, like birth certificates, marriage license, request for IU and statement to claim as well as medical records and prescription list. He said he had none of that.

He recieved my copy of medical records I had turned in, CO Non-medical assessment from the PEB, the PEB results, and that was all. I asked him where the other records were and he had no idea. So I forwarded a copy of all missing documents, fax, and mail.

But now that I have settled down about rebuilding my claim it crossed my mind.

My checking account information was on the form, our SSN numbers were all over it, DOB's, address, phone numbers, and names. I sent an IRIS in asking where are my records.

Any suggestions??

The checking account is not a huge issue as I opened one with a few dollars in it specifically for that reason.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Guest DDWUSN

Do VA reps have a form for received documents? I asked the gentleman that I turned the paperwork into if I needed a receipt to document all the forms, and certificates I was turning in and he said no.

If their qualified to accept claims, and they get paid to accept claims on the part of Veterans, and then lose documents, shame on them. Now if I let this happen again, you are right, shame on me.

I know that guy accepted more than 4-5 claims on that particular day, and then dropped them to a RO claims person. I wonder how many other documents get misplaced? After reading these posts, sounds like a few.

I hope nothing crazy comes out of this, but I am a little dissapointed with the handling of my paperwork, from an agency that gets paid to take care of me. I am one of those people who expect competency from individuals who are assigned a specific task, anf if they are not competent, then they go away. I

Do VA reps have a form for received documents? I asked the gentleman that I turned the paperwork into if I needed a receipt to document all the forms, and certificates I was turning in and he said no.

If their qualified to accept claims, and they get paid to accept claims on the part of Veterans, and then lose documents, shame on them. Now if I let this happen again, you are right, shame on me.

I know that guy accepted more than 4-5 claims on that particular day, and then dropped them to a RO claims person. I wonder how many other documents get misplaced? After reading these posts, sounds like a few.

I hope nothing crazy comes out of this, but I am a little dissapointed with the handling of my paperwork, from an agency that gets paid to take care of me. I am one of those people who expect competency from individuals who are assigned a specific task, anf if they are not competent, then they go away. I

If you have representative from a Veterans Service Organization representing you, and as Power of Attorney, any paperwork you submit to him, you should demand a copy of that paperwork and ensure that each page is stamped as received in by the Regional office. I submitted a dozen or so pages of medical records/notes and they wanted to stamp the first page and the last.. I said noooo, all pages get stamped as received in by the RO and then i have proof they received them if they claim otherwise...DD u must always cover your azzz