Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retroactive Pay

Rate this question

kookiebean2001

Question

I filed a claim in 2007 and was granted 30%. I had forgotten that I filed the same claim in 1988 at that time I was trying to get better, so I instructed back then to see a civilian doctor since I was getting out of service, I have been treated by a civilian doctor ever since 1988. Any chances at getting retroactive pay ? My condition is well documented in my military records.

A man who won't die for something is not fit to live. Martin Luther King, Jr.

1. Faith is the ability to not panic.

2. If you worry, you didn't pray. If you pray, don't worry.

3. As a child of God, prayer is kind of like calling home every day.

4. Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.

5. When we get tangled up in our problems, be still. God wants us to be still so He can untangle the knot.

6. Do the math. Count your blessings.

7. God wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts.

8. Dear God: I have a problem. It's me.

9. Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted.

10. Laugh every day, it's like inner jogging.

11. The most important things in your home are the people.

12. Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

13. There is no key to happiness. The door is always open.

14. A grudge is a heavy thing to carry.

15. He who dies with the most toys is still dead.

16. We do not remember days, but moments. Life moves too fast, so enjoy your precious moments.

17. Nothing is real to you until you experience it, otherwise it's just hearsay.

18. It's all right to sit on your pity pot every now and again. Just be sure to flush when you are done.

19. Surviving and living your life successfully requires courage. The goals and dreams you're seeking require courage and risk-taking. Learn from the turtle -- it only makes progress when it sticks out its neck.

20. Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

My rep sounded confused, I called him yesterday about my orginal claim and getting a copy of my c-file and he said he never saw my form 9, I told him I sent it 2 mos. ago. I had to send it in again and he said I should hear something in 6 mos to a year. So when I called today he actaully said I knew yesterday, I thought you wanted to appeal it. I am happy with the 30% and all the dependents got added as well, my condition only qualifies for that much so it's perfect, now just waiting the money, the rep said anything over $25K has to get 3 signatures first, so we shall see. ;) , Thanks for all the help and support from Hadit.com

5. When we get tangled up in our problems, be still. God wants us to be still so He can untangle the knot.

16. We do not remember days, but moments. Life moves too fast, so enjoy your precious moments.

17. Nothing is real to you until you experience it, otherwise it's just hearsay.

18. It's all right to sit on your pity pot every now and again. Just be sure to flush when you are done.

19. Surviving and living your life successfully requires courage. The goals and dreams you're seeking require courage and risk-taking. Learn from the turtle -- it only makes progress when it sticks out its neck.

20. Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

Yes- anything over 25,000 needs 3 signatures-he is right-

was this an Agent Orange claim?

That could account for the fact that -regardless of the older denial decision-they had to pay you retro back to that date-if the disability you claimed is the same one you have now due to AO (Nehmer Stipulation)

I am assuming a lot here- if this is NOT a AO claim maybe they CUEd themselves on the older decision-

The decision will say it all- start to watch for the mail or check with your bank if you have direct deposit-in a few days-the claim,once signed off, will go to Finance and they usually work fast- I always got a check in the mail before I even got the award letter.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

It wasn't agent organe, vision problems "eye diease"

I don't know how to appeal it, keratoconus must wear contact lens, rating schedule is pretty difficult to interupt, although I can only wear contacts for a couple hours in non rated eye, it is best visual acuity with contacts, so in this case I would be satisfied with the 30%.

Congrats!!!

Are you satisfied with 30%?

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are satisfied, sounds good to me. I expect with the 20 years

retro, you can expect a pretty large check and it is so nice

your dependents were added to yours.

Mine was not. I have not received this to date, but am going for

a C&P for TDIU the 20th of this month.

Mine came in the mail, plain envelope, as this was my first grant with

the VA, so they had no checking account info for me.

Of course, as always, the check arrived on a Saturday also.

I know that within two months of the BVA Judges decision my

retro check of 16 years was in my hands.

Hope this helps you some.

Betty

Question to anyone out there that can advise me on this. I have an outstanding claim that when we followed up with VA Friday, was informed it had been approved. It was with the rater until the Monday prior, forwarded for approval, and now complete. I am very anxious for the outcome. Anyway, I was put out in 1991 with 20% - 10% right knee and 10% back (herniated disc). I tried to also get comp for my hearing but was denied. I put in a claim in 2003 to add my left knee, hearing, tinnitus, and increase to my right knee as well as my back. The claim was denied and I (without proper guidance), did not appeal. I put a new claim in March of this year, which is apparently completed. I included documented findings in my claim of my most recent civillian doctor exams/test(s) that included a diagnosis for my back of 'multilevellumbar spondolysis with degenerative disc disease' (spinal arthritis), osteoarthritis and cartilage damage on both knees, hearing exams with tinnitus and hearling loss diagnosis(s), as well as copies of my service medical records that included 1991 - soldier shows hearing loss and recommended for further evaluation and another that shows my medical care for the left knee. Does anyone have any idea what I will likely get for my back (the charts are very confusing)? Also, how far back would they go on back pay? At minimum, I feel they owe me for the oversight on my hearing. Also, in speaking with the VA over the last few weeks as I've followed up with them, a rep that informed me the rating board was done and it had been turned over for approval, made a comment that they would probably need a while based upon the results of my file. Another rep told me that back pay would be done sooner since I was on direct deposit. Yet, they all said they couldn't see my results. Anyway, can anyone provide me some ensight on what I should likely expect?