Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Does Not Have Enough Md's To See Patients

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I was called today by a Dallas VAMC Doctor on my Team at Dallas VA. I had been feeling pretty depressed and went to see if I could get an appointment to see a Doctor in Mental Health. I am Service Connected 100% for Panic Disorder and finally got an appointment with A Nurse who prescribed medication and set up an appointment for August 7th. I had been notified that the appointment had been canceled.

Today I was called and my prescription was changed over the phone and I have an appointment in October that will in all probability not be honored either. The Doc confessed that my Doctor was on temporary assignment and not seeing regular patients and had the assignment lengthened.

So if a Service Connected Veteran cannot see a Medical Doctor (Shrink) at VA who can and how do they do it?

Whatever the VA is doing it is not working.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete, I see Mr. Huff, PA and Colin Vas, M.D., on the Copper Team.

Are you assigned a "team"?

If not, try giving Mrs. Joyce Sanders-King a call, she's the PhD or whatever, that coordinates that "team" and has been really helpful to me.

I would like to hereby state that nothing I have said in this posting should be construed as anything except idiotic rambling on my part.

LarryJ

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

Pete, I see Mr. Huff, PA and Colin Vas, M.D., on the Copper Team.

Are you assigned a "team"?

If not, try giving Mrs. Joyce Sanders-King a call, she's the PhD or whatever, that coordinates that "team" and has been really helpful to me.

I would like to hereby state that nothing I have said in this posting should be construed as anything except idiotic rambling on my part.

LarryJ

Good disclaimer LarryJ, just be careful not to get on the mod s--t list.

Same thing is and has been going on for years at the Dayton VA. There aren't enough pdocs to see all of the mental health pts.....I see an RN and she even prescribes my meds (not co-signed by any doc). She's not even a NP.

It became a problem when Soc Sec reviewed my records for an annual review and saw that I hadn't been seeing a real "doc" and therefore made me go see one of there docs...it was horrible.