VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Huntington/the Waiting Game?

Rate this question

1994andcouting.....

Question

I just made a call to the Appeals Management Center. I was told that my claim is in Huntington ready to be rated. I had a Psych C&P done on 8/6 and my physical C&P done on 8/8. I want to go to the VAMC here in Dallas and get copies of that. My claim from 2002 was re-opened and remanded back to the RO back in June. So things are moving pretty fast. I have a warm/fuzzy feeling that this may be 'it'. Both exams went really well. Ironically I received a letter from a study that is being done for women vets who suffered sexual trauma/assault. I joined the study the following week. He saw that and asked me about it. Wanted to know if I called them. I told him no they called me, Im hoping that is good that I joined this group.

Before I ramble any further and confuse everyone, my question is this, Should I just wait it out since things seem to be moving pretty fast or should I go to the VAMC and get a copy of my C&P? My psych C&P examiner said that I should be hearing something in about six to eight weeks. But I was wondering how he could know that. He isnt directly tied to the board. right? Im curious to know what they said.

I think from reading on the boards that Huntington is a pretty good place to be. Or maybe I just read the 'good' posts LOL

Anyway, I hope this warm and fuzzy means a decent rating. My SO doesnt give me the feeling that Im wasting my time. He was very good with me at my hearing. He called me last week and left a vmail and said to just 'hang in there' and 'hold on'. He advised me to get a letter from my VA doc this time, which I did in 02/08. My doc wrote it with no problem and detailed everything that I am being treated for.

I pray that this time it works in my favor. Thanks for 'listening'. txcooper

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

You are doing fine. It takes a lot to catch on to the VA way of doing

things.

I would still like to have a copy of those C&P's for my own record.

I am sure they are fine, but I would still want them.

Good the BVA remanded you back to the R. O, which would be

Huntington or Waco?

I am not sure yet, where the AMC is coming into your claim?

Having had the two C&P" the first of the month, do you know

if they were routed to Waco or Huntington?

It is Summer months and lots of vacations being taken.

This slows the claim down some.

So they tell me.

Believe me this is the place to come to for help in winning your

claim.

Betty

BTW, when I called the BVA I was told that my claim was now with the AMC. That is who I have been calling since my C&P. Im not sure how it's all connected, so for now Im gonna go with its in Huntington ready to be rated. Who knows WHEN......

• HadIt.com Elder
BTW, when I called the BVA I was told that my claim was now with the AMC. That is who I have been calling since my C&P. Im not sure how it's all connected, so for now Im gonna go with its in Huntington ready to be rated. Who knows WHEN......

Then I believe you are taking the same path I took. I would say, now it is August, you should have your answer sometime within the next

two months. I would say no later than the first of October.

Good Luck,

Betty

Then I believe you are taking the same path I took. I would say, now it is August, you should have your answer sometime within the next

two months. I would say no later than the first of October.

Good Luck,

Betty

After reading your success story I have to admit I hope for a similar outcome. :-) Thanks so much for all that you have done for us and will do in the future.