Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

20 Year Retro Claim Settled

Rate this topic

kookiebean2001

Josephine helped me with some phone numbers, they can't under what's going on either (Just told it's a lot of money). The hard part about waiting is to see what I'm being paid for. The awards letter goes back to 1988, 30% so it starts at $200.00 and goes up to $450.00 a month, so it appears over $70 K. (wife and 2 kids)

I've read a lot of claims in the last few days dealing with eye dieases, it seems lot deal of them were denied. I prasie God I was awarded a claim, haven't gotten the money yet (20 years retro) it's been since 1 Aug 08.

I know it takes 3 signatures for anything over $25 K. Seems like I'm fighting all this by myself. V.S.O. told me I would never win, lawyer never came through (gave some good advice, but never presented my case). The S.O. thought it would take about 10 years. I filed in 2006 awarded in 2007. Filed a N.O.D., S.O. said file an appeal, got my congressman involved, he sped things up I presume, DRO deteremined I had filed in 1988 so awarded a C.U.E. hence the retro.

It's hard trying to find out which angle to approach, trying to plot my next course. I had a corneal transplant in 1994 and had a rejection on the surgery. I was off for 3 months and then had stitches in my eye for about 9 months which I had to go back every month to have removed before I could start wearing contact lens again (I have to wear them, but can only do so for about 4 hours each day) My vision is terrible without them but I can't get a rating beyond. So I'm trying to get a temporary disability rating of 100% for that. Don't know if I'll get 1,2,3 - 12 months or nothing for that.

Also trying to become a V.S.O. myself so I can help other veterans as well.

So 4 reasons for posting this time.

1.Trying to get others with cases like me to respond.

2.Help with the next step

3.To help others

4. Never gave real info on myself

So here's a bit. It's hard to share a lot of info, All that "Enemy of the State" stuff worries me sometimes, so forgive me.

I'm Former food service guy. Feed a lot of pilots in my time and a few generals as well, been all over the world, feeding in tents, makeshift buildings, flight lines, for humanitarian efforts, special award ceremonies, satellite facilities, passed out quite a few C-rations. Even had mourtuary duty on occasion. It was a pleasure feeding you guys and hearing your stories while you ate and defended our country.

A man who won't die for something is not fit to live. Martin Luther King, Jr.

1. Faith is the ability to not panic.

2. If you worry, you didn't pray. If you pray, don't worry.

3. As a child of God, prayer is kind of like calling home every day.

4. Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.

5. When we get tangled up in our problems, be still. God wants us to be still so He can untangle the knot.

6. Do the math. Count your blessings.

7. God wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts.

8. Dear God: I have a problem. It's me.

9. Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted.

10. Laugh every day, it's like inner jogging.

11. The most important things in your home are the people.

12. Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

13. There is no key to happiness. The door is always open.

14. A grudge is a heavy thing to carry.

15. He who dies with the most toys is still dead.

16. We do not remember days, but moments. Life moves too fast, so enjoy your precious moments.

17. Nothing is real to you until you experience it, otherwise it's just hearsay.

18. It's all right to sit on your pity pot every now and again. Just be sure to flush when you are done.

19. Surviving and living your life successfully requires courage. The goals and dreams you're seeking require courage and risk-taking. Learn from the turtle -- it only makes progress when it sticks out its neck.

20. Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Josephine helped me with some phone numbers, they can't understand what's going on either (Just told it's a lot of money). The hard part about waiting is to see what I'm being paid for. The awards letter goes back to 1988, 30% so it starts at $200.00 and goes up to $450.00 a month, so it appears over $70 K. (wife and 2 kids)

I've read a lot of claims in the last few days dealing with eye dieases, it seems lot deal of them were denied. I prasie God I was awarded a claim, haven't gotten the money yet (20 years retro) it's been since 1 Aug 08.

I know it takes 3 signatures for anything over $25 K. Seems like I'm fighting all this by myself. V.S.O. told me I would never win, lawyer never came through (gave some good advice, but never presented my case). The S.O. thought it would take about 10 years. I filed in 2006 awarded in 2007. Filed a N.O.D., S.O. said file an appeal, got my congressman involved, he sped things up I presume, DRO deteremined I had filed in 1988 so awarded a C.U.E. hence the retro.

It's hard trying to find out which angle to approach, trying to plot my next course. I had a corneal transplant in 1994 and had a rejection on the surgery. I was off for 3 months and then had stitches in my eye for about 9 months which I had to go back every month to have removed before I could start wearing contact lens again (I have to wear them, but can only do so for about 4 hours each day) My vision is terrible without them but I can't get a rating beyond. So I'm trying to get a temporary disability rating of 100% for that. Don't know if I'll get 1,2,3 - 12 months or nothing for that.

3.To help others

So here's a bit. It's hard to share a lot of info, All that "Enemy of the State" stuff worries me sometimes, so forgive me.

I'm Former food service guy. Feed a lot of pilots in my time and a few generals as well, been all over the world, feeding in tents, makeshift buildings, flight lines, for humanitarian efforts, special award ceremonies, satellite facilities, passed out quite a few C-rations. Even had mourtuary duty on occasion. It was a pleasure feeding you guys and hearing your stories while you ate and defended our country.

5. When we get tangled up in our problems, be still. God wants us to be still so He can untangle the knot.

16. We do not remember days, but moments. Life moves too fast, so enjoy your precious moments.

17. Nothing is real to you until you experience it, otherwise it's just hearsay.

18. It's all right to sit on your pity pot every now and again. Just be sure to flush when you are done.

19. Surviving and living your life successfully requires courage. The goals and dreams you're seeking require courage and risk-taking. Learn from the turtle -- it only makes progress when it sticks out its neck.

20. Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

• HadIt.com Elder

kookiebean2001,

I know it is very difficult waiting for the money, but it will come

soon. If the telephone numbers I gave you did not call your Regional

Office, give them a call back and ask them to, and they will.

Just talked to Ms. Moye today and the rater has rated my claim

for the increase and the TDIU. This was a fast one.

I received the letter July 25th , C&P August 20th and the decision

is in. Don't know if they are paying me what they should.

I am going to call my rep tomorrow and see if he

can tell me.

I want the whole nine yards. 100% back to 1992.

I will not settle for their 10% for the first five years 1992- 1997

and the 50% for 1997 - 2005 and then it picks up to 70% from 2005 -

This last C&P has stated again, unemployable since service, same as

the IME Psychiatrist.

I was told I would never win, but use your own judgement on how

to proceed and the help of the members on the board

Congratulations on your wonderful award.

Always,

Betty

• HadIt.com Elder

Kookie good for you! You are getting there and Betty (aka Joesphine!) is the best and Determined, er, did I mention very determined! wow, what successes! I am too concerned about a few rating issues in, but have learned a few times over its hard to 'count' the compensation up front, there are so many 'exceptions'.

Kookie, again, good for you and best wishes on your pursuits!

Cg

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

• HadIt.com Elder

Kookie, one more mention, regards dependents it took va over a year to compensate the dependents after I got my 30% rating and pay. Hope you have already added birth/marriage certification into the system!

cg

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

I was told that my file is in suspence maybe 9-17-08. They have to do something by that date. :unsure:

Josephine helped me with some phone numbers, they can't understand what's going on either (Just told it's a lot of money). The hard part about waiting is to see what I'm being paid for. The awards letter goes back to 1988, 30% so it starts at $200.00 and goes up to $450.00 a month, so it appears over $70 K. (wife and 2 kids)

3.To help others

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use