VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

V.a. Wins

Rate this question

mymissie

Question

V.A. Wins I helped a VN Vet that I knew to get 50%,last year. I noded it as he should have gotten 100%,from the word go.

I called the VA in Lafayette,made an appointment with the shrink,TOLD him that this Vet was going to Kill himself,an Vet went see him. The Vet told me afterwards that the shrink more or less brushed him off.

This after this vet had been committed in Alex.,La. years ago,an was told that if he was ever back in their ward, HE would NEVER GET OUT. That is why he was not willing to trust the VA again

SO 2 WEEK AGO < HE TOOK HIS OWN LIFE > Drove 8 miles,bought a gun,went home ,called his family,told them what he was going to do,went outside an shot himseld. DIED right there.

He was 56 years old,so lets see! The V.A. will save 1/2 million dollars? B)

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

OK- I spoke to the same attorney who handled my Administrative Review- we had quite a chat-he is just great to talk to-

The VACO and OGC employs Superb lawyers and doctors- that is where the very best of the VA is- at the VA in Wash-

In this case- I didnt give any names or particulars but I had to guess on the state- South Carolina?

Mr. Richland suggested that whoever files this claim call Regional Counsel-VA at 1-803-647-5839 to see what the state's requirements are on signing the SF 95

-they might require Executor, Administrator, etc- which will probably be the daughter anyhow-

unfortunately-as he agreed -the SF 95 is standard form and yet state laws can control how the claim is signed.

That point is not made on the SF 95.

Please contact me here in a post or by email before this form is filled out- the med recs have to be gotten first-

OGC was not happy to learn how many SF 95s I have sent out to vets or their survivors in 2005.

However- as I told Neil Richland and he of course knows this-and all of you realise too- malpractice occurs whether it is the best private hosps in the country- or the VA. It happens.

Berta,

I live in Louisiana,I was ,on the old forum,using Marshall, an I will speak to this Vets family an see if they would like more information on going after the VA. Its too soon now, still can not believe its really true that he is Dead. Thanks for information.

I really could use a lot of help later,filing a CUE( after my Brother gets his rating on his Hearing loss from many years ago.) He is to go this Wednesday,to Alex.La. to his primairy Doctor,to get an app. to get a Biopsiy of his lung,to find out if it is Cancer or not. Operate,chemo,?