Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sc Rating Decided

Rate this question

Leap

Question

Hello Everyone! It has been a long time since my last post/comment. Saturday (20 Sept 08) I received the "Envelope" from the Waco RO. My initial evaluation (beginning 15 Feb 06) consisted of 30% Migraines, 30% Skin Disorders, and 10% Depression (Claimed PTSD) with a total 60%.

Since then, the headaches became worse, as did the PTSD. In June 2007, I requested a increase in benefits and they came back somewhat favorable. The VA bumped the Migraines to 50% (maximum allowed) and justified a 10% (no increase) for Depression: bringing my new SC to 70%. Which definitely qualifies for TDIU - which was filled out and mailed today.

Started College again in July 2007 under Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation, which has been smooth sailing. Thank you to everyone who helped me out in late 2005 and 2006.

Question - - - In our profile, how do I input/edit "Branch of Service" in my profile? Easy Question :lol:

USAF Security Forces - SOCOM

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulatins Leap. Job well done. Migraines are a bear to deal with.

To put your service branch, go to My controls, edit profile. The second line is branch of service. Put your curser on the box and click once. Type your branch of service and go to the bottom of the page to update.

Do you want USAF as your Branch of service?

I can assist with that.

J

Edited by jbasser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Thanks J... I would give every penny back if these Migraines stopped... but like I said, they are almost daily. Believe it or not, the Dallas VA Medical Center is truly working with me to get them under control.

Recently got diagnosed with "Mild" TBI - - -

Yes, could you put USAF...

Thanks again!

USAF Security Forces - SOCOM

GREAT Leap-a good example of a vet not buying what they are selling-

you got them to give higher rating on your NOD-it just goes to show that the VA will low ball us all if they can and we don't NOD it.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.