Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Old Happy Days

Rate this topic

jessie0054

He should ask for TDIU if he is not working. Congrats!!!!!

Pete53:

A big thank you to you, You were a lot of help!!

His service Officer has already brought up the TDIU and said he would help him with all the paperwork to apply.

Thank you!!

Jessie

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesse, also pat yourself on the back. Without you, he would still be drowning in the VA river of wait.

Congrats to your son and as Pete said, IU.

J

Hello J:

Thank You!!

I got my pat on the back when my son said Thank You Mom!!

I will take the credit for starting the whole thing as i knew my son would never do it. He didn't want anything to do with the VA. But when he got to the point that he could no longer work due to his back and the pain and had no medical insurance i filled out all the paperwork for him and had him sign it.

There were times i almost regretted it because i saw how flustrated he became with the VAMC.

First thing right out the door they labeled him a durg seeker and refused to give him any pain medication even after a positive EMG test and MRI.

It was most difficult watching him month after month of this awful pain and the Vamc dragging their feet in finding a Dr to do the surgery. It took 10 months!!

Amazing that after i got our congressman involved they had a Dr within a week and he had the surgery in less than another week.

I would have loved to be there to see the face of the DR who put the label on him after she read the Surgeons sugical report.

I guess we can rest now that we feel he got his just rating!!

As for TDIU his service officer said he will help him with the paperwork on that.

Thanks again

Jessie

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use