VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssa Contacted My Lawyer

Rate this question

betrayed

Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Guest terrysturgis

My two year anniversary is October 6th. I got a call from Vermont saying they were working on my SSD claim. Seems my claim has been picked to be farmed out of the backloged Michigan system. OK by me. Terry

I hate lawyers! The dumb ass didnt tell me that

1. My case had been transfered from Mi to Indiana (MI backlog)

2. They will make a determination in my case as fast as we send them updated records.

3. If they cant make a favorable decision then we will have a ALJ hearing ASAP.

I hope to have everything into the lawyer and SSA by the end of Nov. My doctor (civ) showed me a form my lawyer sent her and I was suprised when she showed it to me, she said she didnt want to screw me over :) and wanted to fill it out together. Just so happens that I was prepared to ask her to do a form for SSA and had all my medical records now on a CD including all VA records. I asked her to review the VA records which include pysch and the C&P exams which include pysch. I gave her a list of all my rated disabilities and she was blown away, she didnt know half of whats wrong with me. We have a appointment next thursday to cokmplete the forms. I have only had her for about 2 years and my heart and pysch have been the mainstay of our business. I have a appt with my VAa shrink on the 20th and after that then I will have all I need to update the SSA.

Hopefully its gonna be a hell of a xmas, a minimum of 3.5 years of back pay from SSA :lol:

I am now looking for house plans to build my A Frame house or even a prefab A frame, hopefully next summer I will be living north of here on my farm/compound :P

I think she will sign off and say I cant work.

My two year anniversary is October 6th. I got a call from Vermont saying they were working on my SSD claim. Seems my claim has been picked to be farmed out of the backloged Michigan system. OK by me. Terry

That's odd? Me too, I was informed by my lawyer that he needed up to date records and I had a good Judge, I hand carried them to him. He stated I was up to bat here in Indy in a few months, a week later I was notified by mail I would be video conferencing in the Illinois system from indy. I called my lawyer to find out the deal and he informed me that the SSA/ALJ is now trying to do more claims this way and a date would come sooner than later...that was Friday. I spoke with him, also stated that this keeps Attorney's and Judges from knowing how the other operates, or more to the fact "The way the Judge carries him self". See some lawyer just do a "brief" and forget the records...So if I was you guys do like me and bring everything you got, because your lawyers are used to working with certain judges.. Then have to rescheduled or some crazy bombshell like that.....

Edited by yoggie2

...So if I was you guys do like me and bring everything you got, because your lawyers are used to working with certain judges.. Then have to rescheduled or some crazy bombshell like that.....

I have my entire VA and non va medical file on pdf files. Take a CD with me to the hearing, I am expecting not to have to have a hearing. Jesus with my list of disabilities it should be a automatic given

Service connection for Somatoform pain disorder with a evaluation of 70% disabling effective 6/1/04.

Service connection for major depressive disorder secondary to pain syndromes with a evaluation of 70% disabling effective 6/1/04.

Service connection for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, chronic delayed onset with panic symptoms with a evaluation of 70% disabling effective 6/1/04.

Service connection for coronary artery disease with a evaluation of 60% disabling effective 6/1/04.

Service connection for chronic nephrolithiasis with decreased kidney function with a evaluation of 60% disabling effective 6/1/04.

Service connection for Sleep Apnea with a evaluation of 50% disabling effective 7/25/05.

Service connection for Vertigo with a evaluation of 30% disabling effective 6/1/04.

Service connection for right hand dystonia with a evaluation of 30% disabling effective 6/1/04.

Service connection for bulging disc at C6/7 with a evaluation of 20% disabling effective 6/1/04.

Service connection for chronic non bacterial prostatitis with a evaluation of 20% disabling effective 6/1/04/.

Service connection for patella femoral pain syndrome of the left knee with a evaluation of 10% disabling effective 6/1/04.

Service connection for patella femoral pain syndrome of the right knee with a evaluation of 10% disabling effective 6/1/04.

Service connection for bilateral tinnitus with a evaluation of 10% disabling effective 6/1/04.

Service connection for GERD with a evaluation of 10% disabling effective 6/1/04.

Service connection for jaw pain symptoms with a evaluation of 10% disabling effective 6/1/04.

Service connection for hypertension with a evaluation of 10% disabling effective 6/1/04.

Service connection for erectile dysfunction, hemorrhoids, residual strain involving left foot and hip, bilateral hearing loss, nasal septum deviation, and facial rash all with a evaluation of 0% disabling effective 6/1/04.

I was also diagnosed with COPD by a VA doctor (DR SOXXXX) during a comp and pension physical on

5/16/08, but was not service connected because I had not filed for it, but intend to do so.