VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still More Delays, Award Decided Sept 10,2008

Rate this question

Rockhound

Question

I'm single, so I have no one who an accrued award could go to, if I should die while waiting for my award check with accrued payment. I was awarded an increase to 10% from 0%, it may seem small and insignificant to some, but to me who lives on a SSDI check, month to month, even the $116 I would be adding from a VA SC disability check will come mitty handy this winter. The $1046 accrued thus far equates to about 2 1/3rd tank fills for propane to heat my home this wnter, which is about three months or more of heat I can pay for and needed help paying for last winter. It also may mean I could possibly register and insure my mini pickup with it's lift and do more than depend on the handicap service van to get around, it could well mean I can finally go fishing and gather wood for my wood stove for next winter and reduce my heating costs even further.

This waiting is driving me nuts, I've had to increase my anxiety meds and my psych meds on occation. If I hadn't already had my depression meds increased, I would have had to increase those too I believe.

I'm sure my award is held up somewhere in finance as they decide if I should get my accrued award or not, but like everything else with the VA, delay is their motto.

IT'S MY MONEY AND I WANT IT NOW!!!

Rockhound Rider :angry::angry::angry:

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Sorry Ricky, ment to say it was OK, the VARO is probably to busy covering the A%#'# over "Shredder Gate" to get any productive work done, such as getting an Official notice of Award or Award payment to you. I wonder who their going anti up to take the blame over this one, since it is appears to be so widely done through out the VA system. I doubt, misplacing, loosing, and/or distroying files isn't limited to the VARO and claims, I imagine VA hospitals have similiar problems when 1151 claims or malpractice claims arise.

Rockhound Rider :P

:angry: Rockhound, did the eagle land? Hope you got paid, just read your thread and hoped you got your tank topped off.

marloo: You need to visit Hadit more often, I won my increase of 10% and I have already recieved both my accrewed award and first monthly check and am hoping my next check will find its way into my bank account by direct deposit. Thanks for wondering.

Rockhound Rider :D :mellow: