VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Education Benefits- Children (fafsa Info)

Rate this question

Mardela Vet

Question

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Mardela -if you mean the Financial Aid Statement I sure would say yes- however-

as children of a disabled vet they might certainly be eligible for the Pell Grant and even some state aid for college.

I would look under Google for your state's Educational Programs for children of disabled veterans and the college brochure should also have much info on this-

Also as I understand it children that fall under Chapter 35 benefits can also apply for Pell and scholarships with no loss to their Chap 35 stipend.

• HadIt.com Elder

Mardela,

Yes you have to include VA Disability, etc. I asked that question several times when my first daughter entered college. If you lived is South Carolina & had Chapter 35, your child could attend any state support college free & draw $827 from VA.

Don

• HadIt.com Elder

Mardela,

You should not worry about this, yes you must include it , but by no means does it effect the federal pell grant.......I argued with the VA rep in the school when my son was starting , they kept telling me not to apply because of VA benefits.

Long story short......He got full grants fed and state.........for some reason they still get pissed because both my wife and daughter are now getting them also.

VA does not count against you, you are disabled, it is unearned non taxable income........., also something on the FASA mentions a disabled person in the home, I do not know what that does to an application, but it has to help.