Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Award For Iu "any Day Now..."

Rate this topic

Ladybug

I got word, October 7th, from my POA that my claim for IU was approved. The file had been sent to my rep 5 oct 08 and returned the next day to the VA. Apparently, the file had not been "scanned back in" to the VA three weeks later...(they are in the same building..amazing). I've been trying to get the claim expedited due to hardship because of daily raw sewage problems and the fear of my home being condemned. The claim dates back to 2002. With all of the rating changes I've been through since 2002, how do I ensure that the back pay amount is correct, when ever it gets here? Is it possible to get some sort of break down of the calculations? :angry:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladybug,

When I had a retro coming I went to the VA site and got the old tables and did a simple spreadsheet to figure my retro.

Please note, if you are married they won't include your spouse in the first check so run your numbers as single and then married (w/ children or whatever your situation is).

You will have to send in your marriage certificate (even though you sent it in your original claim) and it took another 4-6 weeks for the retro check for being married to come in.

Once they awarded my claim the money was the only thing they did correctly and promptly.

Congrats on the IU and good luck with the housing situation,

TS Snave

Good for you. What I did was: go to the

www.va.gov site

click benefits click compensation and pension

click now available

now remember 2007 is 2008 rates, 2006 is 2007 rates...go to the % area and the ratings ie spouse, children and remember to deduct any amount you received then from the amount it should have been

also you will see dependent care is greater amounts with a higher disability too.

It starts with the first month you were awarded the $$.

It takes a while but you can figure it out to the exact amount.

If you have trouble trying to figure it out, give us the % you got/when it started/any dependents/spouse and when the retro goes back to. The best to you and get out of the contamination...your respiratory system is being compromised.

I got word, October 7th, from my POA that my claim for IU was approved. The file had been sent to my rep 5 oct 08 and returned the next day to the VA. Apparently, the file had not been "scanned back in" to the VA three weeks later...(they are in the same building..amazing). I've been trying to get the claim expedited due to hardship because of daily raw sewage problems and the fear of my home being condemned. The claim dates back to 2002. With all of the rating changes I've been through since 2002, how do I ensure that the back pay amount is correct, when ever it gets here? Is it possible to get some sort of break down of the calculations? :angry:

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use