VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Snowbirding And Meds

Rate this topic

Does anyone have trouble getting their meds renewed when they get to their snowbird destinations? I have done the temporary address change with the US Postal System. However certain of my meds come by Fed Express or other and I can't give them a change of address. I call VA and advise them to send the meds at my snowbird address and get every line of BS from we can't do this, we'll do it once, and that I need to be seen by a VA at my snowbird address. For each med I received before I left home, I filled in the address change and checked temporary and gave a return date.

Anyone else have a solution?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Call someone at the VAMC and ask them to help. You live in America and can live where ever you want. I once got an extra supply or enough to last till I got back which may be the easiest thing.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

Like Jim is saying, find yourself a mail forwarding company (Brown will do very well (USPS)).

Heck, they (the VA) doesn't even have to KNOW that they are sending your meds to the forwarding company. Just give them (the VA) the street address of the forwarding company as your change of address. Keep the forwarding company as your permanent address for your meds, even when you return from wherever it is that you are going (Mailboxes, Etc. is also a good company to use for your needs), that way, you can just go by and pick your meds up from your little private "mailbox" located inside their store (you can even have your regular mail forwarded to you while on extended "vacation").

I use this little home-owned mailing/forwarding company that's owned by our Rabbi's brother, and it works very well (they also serve as a "contract" U.S. Post Office).