VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Claims Error Rate

Rate this question

Guest Berta

Question

Men and women-

Knight Ridder and other vet orgs published the 2004 stats on the error rates of the VAROs in handling claims- some time back- it was also posted here-

My VARO's rate was 16 %- heck-there is an error rate of about 80 % in my recent SSOC!

I was thinking- these stats are most probably based on AMC (Appeals MAnagement Center) figures?

Dont know but let's face it- didn't someone at the VA itself ultimately add up these numbers?

Regardless of who prepared these figures for every VARO- and I hope new stats for 2005 come out soon -

not all claims were considered -I am sure- because they dont even read all claims-

I filed some in 2004 , still not even acknowledged or worked on-they still have time to bugger those claims-

and- another thing- if the VA is making these errors in adjudication- (I think those figures are probably way too low on the error rate stats published- what claims did they look at?)

then how come the VA isn't CUEing itself more and advising the veteran of these errors.

It is more than likely that this high error in VARO adjudication process has cost some veterans

some money-but how would they know? Unless VA CUES itself.

I had a lingering feeling about my offset that the VA CUEd itself on when I reopened my claims.

Like a dope I didnt pursue it long ago but they rectified it themselves.

It is our responsibility to pour over their decisions- line by line and the rating codes etc- to determine for ourselves what their error rate is with each of us and we have to make them correct errors if they are detrimental to us.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I think with the VARO you just have to wade through the errors and persist until you get the compensation you want. They will never get the fact right but if the check is the right amount then that is about all you can expect. The VA has never gotten the facts right in my claims.

So true your statement Berta..

" It is our responsibility to pour over their decisions- line by line and the rating codes etc- to determine for ourselves what their error rate is with each of us and we have to make them correct errors if they are detrimental to us.."

All veterans should be made aware of this.

Josh