VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Veterans Documentary Wants Oef/oif Veterans

Rate this question

ITBSteve

Question

Hey all,

We are trying to get the word out across America with a new documentary about what veterans go through after they come back. We're now looking for veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan who have interesting stories from the homefront. This could mean anything from overcoming an injury to struggling financially, from overmedication to overcoming PTSD, and anything else that shows the sacrifice you guys make for us.

We've already done a bunch of episodes you can check out at InTheirBoots.com, it's a nonpartisan series whose only goal is to get attention to your cause.

Can't wait to hear from you. Let me know if you have any questions.

Steve

InTheirBoots.com

sschrenzel@bravenewfoundation.org

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

All i think he is trying to do is get a message out there, in America look how quick the average citizen forgets major events, ask someone what 9-11 means, some may look at there watch, some may say they don't know, but people have placed it out of there minds. Americans like to live the dream and not be confronted with the nightmares of the past. Steve is using a current group of people like Iraq war vets because that is still fresh in peoples minds. I'm sure he is not discriminating against any other vet, but is using a tactic that is more efficent at getting his message out there. So ease up, people are out there trying to help us, maybe its not your war there displaying but they are out there for vets, and a vet is a vet no matter what war.

GW1-- close to 200 deaths

Vietnam -- over 60,000 deaths that were confirmed, there are still many missing

And what about Gettysburg? A vet is always and will always be a vet not matter what war he or she has fought in.

I don't think I can't buy it either. Equality, right and when..We are vets...by the way GW1 is not close to 200 it is closer to 400 that's just Americans so don't even try to play it down like that was no big deal I was there. I never in my life thought I was better than a Vietnam vet I grew up around them , many of them..after GW1 war or Somalia, I always thought they were better because they had to put up with way more crap and had less to fight with, So don't even run the number game to justify what your saying.

Just wondering, Vietnam vet out there I want to know how well you guys got it because you were seen to be better than the generation before, even though not very many of you died? Thanks (sarcastic question) and I demand to know why didn't I get it better treatment than you! BS

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL32492.pdf

Edited by yoggie2

• HadIt.com Elder

if we want to get down to brass tacks, the number of GW1 dead continues to grow everyday through GWS attrition. Just like the number RVN dead continues to grow everyday through AO attrition. No doubt the current generation will have something that the government denies for decades, too, but all that serves to do is to continue to make us all equals.

if we want to get down to brass tacks, the number of GW1 dead continues to grow everyday through GWS attrition. Just like the number RVN dead continues to grow everyday through AO attrition. No doubt the current generation will have something that the government denies for decades, too, but all that serves to do is to continue to make us all equals.

Lies, Damn Lies, and statistics.

Never fought a war but served in a batallion in Korea that had 5 deaths in one year from training accidents. Statistically, I was in more danger than GW1 vets. The reality is I wasn't.

A veterans disablity and frustration/additional damage done to them from the system is not generally related to if, when or where they fought. Excepting for this OIF/OEF preferance, but have we really seen them treated any different by the VA system?

Don't begrudge the new veterans, I am sure most would prefer that everyone's claim was a top priority and everyone should get thier medical care in a timely fashion. Politicians and Media Moguls are trying to make hay when the sun shines. Putting new vets in the limelight and trying to show they care is a way of assuaging thier souls, for they know ultimately they are responsible for the death and suffering.

Best regards,

Tyler

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I couldn't agree more -- vets from all our wars need the same attention, and I don't discriminate. There have been some great documentaries in the past about Vietnam vets, but our show is about the effects of Iraq and Afghanistan, because the average American sees the sacrifices these guys make abroad on the nightly news, but don't pay attention to what they have to go through when they get back.

We are telling their stories and hope to garner attention and support for veterans' causes, which I think is in all your interests. We are even funded by veterans' orgs. You can check out some stories we've done at InTheirBoots.com.

Again, if anyone knows an OEF/OIF veteran or family with an important story to tell, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks

Steve

sschrenzel@bravenewfoundation.org