Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Use Of Civilian Phyciatrists

Rate this question

kookiebean2001

Question

Anyone use a phyciatrist in a non post tramatic stress syndrome claim. Attorney says with my lack of sight, I would be surprised how much it effects other different areas of my life (for example my vision problems effect my social skills, learning, playing sports, etc.) My attorney wants to use a phyciatrist to help further my claim. I said ok until the phyciatrist quoted me $1500.00. Not sure if it's a waste of time and money.

Please no negative feedback necessary !

A man who won't die for something is not fit to live. Martin Luther King, Jr.

1. Faith is the ability to not panic.

2. If you worry, you didn't pray. If you pray, don't worry.

3. As a child of God, prayer is kind of like calling home every day.

4. Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.

5. When we get tangled up in our problems, be still. God wants us to be still so He can untangle the knot.

6. Do the math. Count your blessings.

7. God wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts.

8. Dear God: I have a problem. It's me.

9. Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted.

10. Laugh every day, it's like inner jogging.

11. The most important things in your home are the people.

12. Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

13. There is no key to happiness. The door is always open.

14. A grudge is a heavy thing to carry.

15. He who dies with the most toys is still dead.

16. We do not remember days, but moments. Life moves too fast, so enjoy your precious moments.

17. Nothing is real to you until you experience it, otherwise it's just hearsay.

18. It's all right to sit on your pity pot every now and again. Just be sure to flush when you are done.

19. Surviving and living your life successfully requires courage. The goals and dreams you're seeking require courage and risk-taking. Learn from the turtle -- it only makes progress when it sticks out its neck.

20. Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

• Answers 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

PETE, MAGS,

I WILL SEE IF THE LETTER WORKS AND WHAT IT SAYS TOMORROW. I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE SOCIAL WORKER TOMORROW AND SHE SHOULD HAVE SOMETHING TO TELL ME ABOUT WHAT WAS WROTE. KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED.

Anyone use a phyciatrist in a non post tramatic stress syndrome claim. Attorney says with my lack of sight, I would be surprised how much it effects other different areas of my life (for example my vision problems effect my social skills, learning, playing sports, etc.) My attorney wants to use a phyciatrist to help further my claim. I said ok until the phyciatrist quoted me $1500.00. Not sure if it's a waste of time and money.

Please no negative feedback necessary !

I just noticed your post...There is a person in our PTSD group who has hired an attorney on a "pay only if I win" fee basis and she works on just VA claims....The vet is currently receiving 60% for "Stress" because he did not have a combat MOS....He was in the Army in Nam and his MOS was engine repairman...TO us in the group it seems silly to rely on just an MOS because he also has shrapnel in his knee....His lawyer seems to believe he could get 100%....So do I and our group does too....Anyway the attorney is providing him with psyche care so she does believe he will win....We have names and numbers of legitimate Psyche doctors who will provide the VA with a detailed Psyche letter when the Vet provides the Doctor with evidence of serving and evidence of a disorder....The cost? A few hundred $ I guess but not sure....

In addition:

Just my opinion here and I would believe that a lack of good sight could affect your everyday movements including emotions, increased stress and of course as you say "social skills''.... What about past and current relationships? I believe most everything one use to know and performed to some skillset of competence is circumvented when the skillset becomes tainted...It does lead one to a state of depression too..

I am sorry but I am just trying to give you some fuel for a fight and we need to fight together..

God Bless our Troops....

In addition:

Just my opinion here and I would believe that a lack of good sight could affect your everyday movements including emotions, increased stress and of course as you say "social skills''.... What about past and current relationships? I believe most everything one use to know and performed to some skillset of competence is circumvented when the skillset becomes tainted...It does lead one to a state of depression too..

I am sorry but I am just trying to give you some fuel for a fight and we need to fight together..

God Bless our Troops....

Thanks for the feedback, I'm sure she is attacking every angle (I'll make sure), I didn't mention everything in my post just a couple examples. I appreciate your support.

A man who won't die for something is not fit to live. Martin Luther King, Jr.

1. Faith is the ability to not panic.

2. If you worry, you didn't pray. If you pray, don't worry.

3. As a child of God, prayer is kind of like calling home every day.

4. Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.

5. When we get tangled up in our problems, be still. God wants us to be still so He can untangle the knot.

6. Do the math. Count your blessings.

7. God wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts.

8. Dear God: I have a problem. It's me.

9. Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted.

10. Laugh every day, it's like inner jogging.

11. The most important things in your home are the people.

12. Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

13. There is no key to happiness. The door is always open.

14. A grudge is a heavy thing to carry.

15. He who dies with the most toys is still dead.

16. We do not remember days, but moments. Life moves too fast, so enjoy your precious moments.

17. Nothing is real to you until you experience it, otherwise it's just hearsay.

18. It's all right to sit on your pity pot every now and again. Just be sure to flush when you are done.

19. Surviving and living your life successfully requires courage. The goals and dreams you're seeking require courage and risk-taking. Learn from the turtle -- it only makes progress when it sticks out its neck.

20. Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

I also used a private Physiatrists and I won because of it.... There is a form SS has that a doctor can fill out asking if the patient can work.... the thing that I won on was the fact that I could do some jobs but NO JOBS full time and part time is not allowed by the judge as good enough... I paid 1.200 in 2004