Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got A Win And Have A Question

Rate this question

LeroyJohnson

Question

I posted in success stories but wanted to ask a question here. As I said in the other post some of my claims were lumped into one and rated. what I want to ask is, if I should question what they put together as one rating they rated CFS, Fibromylgia ,arthritis of the knees and neuropathy as one thing and rated them all at 100% I can understand the CFS and Fibro. as being rated as overlapping but what does arthritis and neuropathy have to do with either one of those things. I had separate C&P's for all of the medical problems C&P doctor said CFS and neuropathy was so bad as to require A&A.he made a distinction between the CFS and the neuropathy and said both are sever. I am thinking if they had rated them separately I should have gotten 100% for the neuropathy and 100% CFS. don't want to sound greedy but do feel this was rated wrong.6 years of retro pay at 100% plus A&A is a lot of pay to just let go of and not question. Has anyone had any luck at questioning something like this?

thanks Leroy

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

since you got 100% and A&A, I would assume that monthly income isn't a issue. In that case, I would file a NOD and let them know you think those items should be separated and rated at 100% each, making you eligible for additional SMC.

• In Memoriam

I know that they lump somethings together. I am 100% chronic depression and 100% PTSD with only 1 rating. I guess they both come under mental. I am not sure about arthritis, fibro, and neuropathy. Perhaps you could ask you doctor. The 800 number will not be helpful in any way with something like this.

Another thing you could do is check the rating schedules and see if there are in different areas. I think Carlie has posted these ratings in the past.

I see your point they keep sending the blind or missing arms letter to qualify for AA, unless you are at 160%. I am assuming that you have been denied AA. I will look in sucess forum.

I visited the sucess forum and can now see that you are 160+%. The VA math is another issue with this many problems. I don't understand the math.

Edited by Stretch

File your NOD for Fibro and CFS are definitely two seperate ratings. Just take a look at BVA cases concerning this issue.

PN should be a sep rating also as it is a nerve problem. However the arth may be correct in that it more than likely covers the same body symptoms as the fibro and CFS.

thanks for your replies. I wasn't sure about CFS and Fibro but was sure NP wasn't the same symptoms. they did rate the arthritis in my spine separately 10%for cervical and 10%for lumbar thoracic.

Does anyone know if they pay 1151 separately or is it paid as part of the monthly payment? they rated the eye at 30% plus A&A don't have a clue how to figure out the retro pay on that . they have already put some money in the bank today and I haven't even got the letter telling me how much I will get.just got the letter yesterday saying I won.NOW that is quick.