Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating Board

Rate this question

fullcount15

Question

I am Disabled Vet currently rated at 70%. I reopened my claim in 12/07 for service connected Bipolar Disorder and IU due to new evidence from my VA Shrink. I was informed that my claim was sent to the Rating Board on 9/19/08. This week I was told the Rating Board sent my claim back to the reviewer for additional clarification. :o Has anyone experienced before? Thanx.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Fullcount,there is something else that the rater needed, to rate your claim,it is possible that the rater want to give you, a C&P or there could be something that the predetermination team already have that is needed.

mobie

Received correspondence via IRIS today that the pre-determination team has sent my claim back to the rater as the rater needed more info on something. Said I should receive a decision in the next 30 days. Hope this is a positive sign.

I am Disabled Vet currently rated at 70%. I reopened my claim in 12/07 for service connected Bipolar Disorder and IU due to new evidence from my VA Shrink. I was informed that my claim was sent to the Rating Board on 9/19/08. This week I was told the Rating Board sent my claim back to the reviewer for additional clarification. :lol: Has anyone experienced before? Thanx.

Claims are returned for a variety of reasons: failure to properly DTA an issue, ambigous medical opinion, missing documents, etc. I am not sure if you are able to receive complete and accurate information concerning the status of your claim from the 800 number. It really depends on what system the VA emloyee is viewing and whether the notes found there are clear.