Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

YES!! I did.

No, my lawyer told me it wouldn't do any good. I didn't believe him and requested the OTR on my own by sending in a "Request for OTR" letter. One month later, I was awarded fully favorable based on my VAMR and the letter provided by my then rheumatologist.

My condition involves the joints and bone degeneration; along with severe low back pain; and secondary fibromyalgia. My service connect condition is chronic lumbosacral strain, which is now being viewed as "due to" the ankylosing spondylitis. I have not been posting on regular basis. But now that my claim has shifted for the better...due to taking a break and getting the much needed mental health treatment I now get...I can tell you that hadit is a good place to come and get your questions answered.

But I think this might be posted in the wrong forum, or not the best forum for this type of question. There is a separate SSA forum you can also have your questioned viewed in...try posting there also (if you haven't already). Best regards.

ON THE RECORD REVIEW BY SSA

This has me wondering. I was awarded SSDI on my first try, and the only thing listed on my award letter are my physical disabilities and non of my mental disabilities. Could these questions of my mental disabilities been reviewed off the records, so they wouldn't have to list them in my award letter, for the reason of my award?

I'm delighted I was approved on my first try and all, but it hardly seems that my physical problems alone would meet the disability standards by which I could not hold down some sort of job. I am howerver, or was at the time over 50yrs of age, which may have played a part in their decision.

If I am reviewed after five years, like they suggest they would, could I ask for a OTR then to see if my mental disabilities were considered in their original decision? I haven't improved any, if anything I have gotten a little better is some things, but have gotten worse is others, especially in my mental and cognitive funcstion areas.

Rockhound Rider :angry: