Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssa Hearing Question

Rate this question

ltate90

Question

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MANY MONTHS IN ADVANCE DOES ODAR (OFFICE OF DISABILITY ADJUDICATION AND REVIEW) INFORM YOU BY MAIL WITH YOUR HEARING NOTICE. I CALLED TODAY AND WANTED TO CHECK ON MY STATUS AND THE GENTLEMAN SAID I SHOULD RECEIVE A NOTICE IN ABOUT (2) OR (3) WEEKS OF MY HEARING DATE AND LOCATION. THEN HE SAID IT WILL BE ANOTHER (20) DAYS BEFORE YOU APPEAR BEFORE THE ALJ ( ADMINISTRATIVE LAW JUDGE). MY LAWYER SENT MY PAPERWORK FOR A HEARING APPEAL IN FEB 07. THE GENTLEMEN SAID THERE WORKING ON DEC 06 RIGHT NOW IN SOUTH CAROLINA (COLUMBIA)

P.S. HERE'S A WEBSITE FOR ANYONE CHECKING ON THE PROCESSING TIMES FOR THEIR STATE OR CITY. www.socsecnews.blogspot.com. SCROLL DOWN THE PAGE AND YOU'LL SEE IT.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW MANY MONTHS IN ADVANCE DOES ODAR (OFFICE OF DISABILITY ADJUDICATION AND REVIEW) INFORM YOU BY MAIL WITH YOUR HEARING NOTICE. I CALLED TODAY AND WANTED TO CHECK ON MY STATUS AND THE GENTLEMAN SAID I SHOULD RECEIVE A NOTICE IN ABOUT (2) OR (3) WEEKS OF MY HEARING DATE AND LOCATION. THEN HE SAID IT WILL BE ANOTHER (20) DAYS BEFORE YOU APPEAR BEFORE THE ALJ ( ADMINISTRATIVE LAW JUDGE). MY LAWYER SENT MY PAPERWORK FOR A HEARING APPEAL IN FEB 07. THE GENTLEMEN SAID THERE WORKING ON DEC 06 RIGHT NOW IN SOUTH CAROLINA (COLUMBIA)

P.S. HERE'S A WEBSITE FOR ANYONE CHECKING ON THE PROCESSING TIMES FOR THEIR STATE OR CITY. www.socsecnews.blogspot.com. SCROLL DOWN THE PAGE AND YOU'LL SEE IT.

I had my hearing on 9/30. Received a phone call about a month out from the ALJ office notifying me of the hearing. I didn't receive the notice in the mail until 10 days prior. I accepted a tele-conference hearing as I was able to get on the ALJ's calendar quicker.

Guest terrysturgis

90, I just had my ALJ hearing and my claim was filed on March of 2006 so the December 06 date is probably accurate. At least they are doing better in South Carolina than Michigan. Your attorney is probably the best source for that kind of time line information as they deal with SS all the time so they can tell you what stage their other cases are in.

Waiting sucks. Take care. Terry

TERRY,

YOU SAID THAT YOU JUST HAD YOUR ALJ HEARING, WHAT STATE ARE YOU IN? ODAR IS TELLING ME I SHOULD HEAR SOMETHING IN THE NEXT 2 OR 3 WEEKS. AND IF I DON'T CALL THEM BACK TO FIND OUT WHAT'S GOING ON. YES, IT HAS BEEN A LONG WAIT SINCE FILING MY HEARING APPEAL FEB 14, 2007. TELL ME HOW YOUR HEARING WENT.

Guest terrysturgis

I am in Michigan. My hearing took 1 and 1/2 hours. A lot of questions on what I can do in daily life. He liked short answers. I did not embelish the answers. He asked me if I obeyed my diabetic diet and I looked him in the eye and said " most of the time".

The way I see it is if an attorney takes your claim, you are going to win. Good luck. Terry