Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Combat Related Special Compensation

Rate this topic

Commander Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

The 2008 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) was signed into law on January 29, 2008 to include Chapter 61, a new component for Combat Related Special Compensation (CRSC). This legislation expands eligibility to medical retirees with less than 20 years of service, effective January1,2008. Medically retired veterans must still provide documentation that shows a causal link between a current VA disability and a combat related event. Each Branch of the military has it's own CRSC section. I successfully completed my application process through the Army CRSC unit. I first called them at (866) 281 3254, and they sent me the application and helped me get through the process. It took a couple of months before the concurrent VA comp and the Army CRSC retirement pay started. For many of us, it's not much more money, depending on your rank and time in service, ( most of us eligible now, were just cannon fodder that didn't last long.) At the end of all the red tape and waiting involved, I'll take the win. However humble the reward, sometimes it's the thought that counts

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use