Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Trying To Help Vet

Rate this question

simple fly

Question

coworker just awarded 10% for hypertension,has been out 30 years.read over his smr's and found many notes with hypertension during his enlistment where he was made to sit in a room until it decreased and was given meds. upon discharge his readings were also high.can this be an error? CUE?

<b>for sale.....1 used veteran.slightly broken.

understands very little when it comes to regulations.

please be gentle.housebroken</b> <b>,growls

but does not bite</b>

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

A CUE claim would only be possible if the VA made a legal error in a past unappealed decision.

If he did not put in a claim after service and the 10% was from his first claim with VA-I see no potential CUE at all.

I think these days the VA ,the military as well as the internet is doing a better job of informing vets that they should file a VA claim ASAP for anything that is in their SMRs and could reach a disabled level.

It still gets to me that obviously many vets had PTSD from Vietnam but PTSD was "invented" as a compensable disability in 1983.So they sure could nopt apply for PTSD comp sooner than that.

And every vet here regardless of combat service knows what I mean-only those vets who actually knew they could file VA claims have done that.

I bet there are still many PGW vets who have never filed claims and should-and maybe who served stateside but do have a compensable disability attributable to their service.

Maybe the 21-526 should be included with all the other paperwork you get on discharge.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

Almost all Veterans think CUE but a CUE claim is one of the hardest to get past the VA Bullet Proofing. Its better to win your claim first than do any clean up work after you are getting a check.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.