Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

When Does Crdp Change?

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

What month does crdp increase? Janurary? or Februray? I noticed a change up, haven't got a new rating still 90%, confused, but not ungreatful.

thanks,hic(smile),

cg with an eggnog!

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Howdy Cowgirl, That question was raised on Jan. 21, 2008 here on Hadit. Well I just checked around for an up date... here's what I found,... CRDP will get 5.8% COLA effective December 1st. It should show up in your January 2009 check... Happy New Year.

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

• HadIt.com Elder

Like that 'howdy'! Reason I asked, my crdp amount is changing in Februrary. On my Dec 2 pay statment shows retiree pay up in as of Jan 2, my va waiver increases a tiny bit and crdp increased a small amount- all said and done. Chalking that up to pay increase. Got a Dec 18 statement shows to expect in February a new va waiver reduced near half, higher taxes and a improved crdp amount. I figure it was because crdp changed in January and is payable in Feburary.

Sense? or nonsense?

Cg

Howdy Cowgirl, That question was raised on Jan. 21, 2008 here on Hadit. Well I just checked around for an up date... here's what I found,... CRDP will get 5.8% COLA effective December 1st. It should up on your January 1, 2009 check... Happy New Year.

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!

• HadIt.com Elder

Sense? or nonsense?

Cg

Sense,... However, it left me dazed and confused?? But happy for you cowgirl!!

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

"We few"

"We happy few"

Like that 'howdy'! Reason I asked, my crdp amount is changing in Februrary. On my Dec 2 pay statment shows retiree pay up in as of Jan 2, my va waiver increases a tiny bit and crdp increased a small amount- all said and done. Chalking that up to pay increase. Got a Dec 18 statement shows to expect in February a new va waiver reduced near half, higher taxes and a improved crdp amount. I figure it was because crdp changed in January and is payable in Feburary.

Sense? or nonsense?

Cg

Hi cg,

I'm not sure if you are speaking of the COLA increase which will paid 2 Jan 09 or the CRDP increase that you anticipate due to an increased rating.

If you're speaking about COLA: Increase is effective 1 Dec 08 and will be paid 2 Jan 09 which is retiree pay for the month of December.

If you are speaking about CRDP: From the information you furnished, it seems that your increase will be reflected on your RAS for 1 Feb 09 and will be your CRDP for Jan 09.

Remember, any time there is a Government pay increase, such as 1 Dec 08, you accrue only one day's increased benefit on the first day. A full month must pass before you receive the increased benefit and retired pay received on the first of a selected month is actually the accrued pay for the preceding month. As someone said earlier on HADIT, the Government does not pay in advance.

Congrats!

Ron

• HadIt.com Elder

According to the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) Concurrent Receipt is now officially referred to as 'Concurrent Retirement and Disability Pay" (CRDP).

Those members who have been rated less than 100 percent, but are receiving 100 percent from the VA due to an unemployability code, will not receive their full retired pay up front. They will fall under a three-year phase in plan, in which they will see restoration by the year 2009. The CRDP is paid on the actual VA rating not the unemployability code.

"We few"

"We happy few"

Hi cg,

I'm not sure if you are speaking of the COLA increase which will paid 2 Jan 09 or the CRDP increase that you anticipate due to an increased rating.

If you're speaking about COLA: Increase is effective 1 Dec 08 and will be paid 2 Jan 09 which is retiree pay for the month of December.

If you are speaking about CRDP: From the information you furnished, it seems that your increase will be reflected on your RAS for 1 Feb 09 and will be your CRDP for Jan 09.

Remember, any time there is a Government pay increase, such as 1 Dec 08, you accrue only one day's increased benefit on the first day. A full month must pass before you receive the increased benefit and retired pay received on the first of a selected month is actually the accrued pay for the preceding month. As someone said earlier on HADIT, the Government does not pay in advance.

Congrats!

Ron

Cowgirl: Ron's exactly right. As you said, your RAS reflects your new VA waiver for February payment which is for the month of January...... I believe this is the 5th year of the 10 year CRDP phase in and you should be at about 88% of total CRDP. Still not what we should have gotten. With all of these bail outs, how could they justify not giving us what we deserve now. Oh well...............Merry Christmas!

s/ Mags

We kept our promise and served honorably. Now it is time for the VA to keep their's!

I am not an attorney or VSO and offer my opinions free of charge. Any advice I provide in my posts is from experiences I have had with the VA or I have the knowledge that others have encoutered. I accept no liability for this advice should you chose to follow it.