VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Buddy Letters

Rate this question

joe_lyn

Question

Are there examples or templates or something like that one can look at? I'm at the point where I have to ask former company buddies for them and while I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth I'd like to be able to show them what is require to be an effective buddy letter.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

The nurse who wrote a buddy letter for me

placed her service number , name, address and telephone number and as many details as she witnessed herself.

The doctor who treated me in service did the same .

His was more detailed toward the medical side and his present postion, he also went into depth of what he knew and saw

and the reasons for my early discharge.

Both were certified.

Always,

Betty

Edited by Josephine

Enclose their name, SS # XXX-XX-XXXX, address, military rank, unit name they were assigned to and home phone number and put that sentence about I swear this is the truth at the end of statement.

Have them put in all details as they remember and it's also good to write a reason they remember these things.

Statements do not need to be notorized but I do like to get that if it's available.

All have a Notary stamp on something does is to attest that the person signing what-ever it is has shown legal documentation to substantiate their signature and they are who they claim to be.

I'll do a quickie example here and maybe someone else will fine tune it.

Date XX/XX/XXXX

Mr. Im A Vet

2125 Paymenow Lane

Approvemyclaim,Fl. 45921

Phone: (XXX) XXX-XXXX

SS# XXX-XX-XXXX

During the year of XXXX around November, I was an E-2, stationed at Ft. Hood Tx. in the

48th Medical Batallion, with said veteran, E-3 Smith.

I was getting ready to leave post when I realized I had forgotten my coat in the CO's (name) office. As I began to enter the building I heard loud voices, the loudest one I recognized as the CO's because his voice was very unique and gruff.

As I opened the office door I saw E-3 Smith raising his arm to block the blow of a chair hitting him over the head. The CO was screaming at E-3 Smith as he hit him with the chair, you no good SOB, I said give me all of your money now or I'll kill your sorry azz on the spot.

I watched as E-3 Smith grabbed his stomach as he was falling to the floor.

Right after that I saw the CO kick him in the face so hard that E-3 Smith's body flipped across the room, slammed into the wall knocking the flag over, which also flipped and landed in E-3 Smith's eye, sticking straight up in the air.

I picked E-3 Smith up off the floor, put him in the jeep and delivered him to the nearest TMC.

E-3 Smith received stitches in his head, a cast on his right arm and three weeks later he showed up for formation with a prosthetic eye.

The CO told both of us that if we reported any of this he'd deny it all.

He also stated he would tell any board that called him to testify that E-3 Smith

sustained these injuries when he walked in on the two of us performing S&M sex

and we would both get dishonorable discharges for homosexual activity.

I have never had any homosexual activity.

About three weeks after this horrible incident I observed E-3 Smith laying on the floor,

he appeared to have passed out and I observed his body begin to twitch and jerk

as he seemed to be having some type of seizure. I also observed that a small amount

of vomit came out of his mouth and he also lost control of his bowels.

I swear these statements to be absolutely true.

Please contact me for any additional reason you feel necessary.

Signature ______________________________________

Enclose their name, SS # XXX-XX-XXXX, address, military rank, unit name they were assigned to and home phone number and put that sentence about I swear this is the truth at the end of statement.

Have them put in all details as they remember and it's also good to write a reason they remember these things.

Statements do not need to be notorized but I do like to get that if it's available.

All have a Notary stamp on something does is to attest that the person signing what-ever it is has shown legal documentation to substantiate their signature and they are who they claim to be.

I'll do a quickie example here and maybe someone else will fine tune it.

Date XX/XX/XXXX

Mr. Im A Vet

2125 Paymenow Lane

Approvemyclaim,Fl. 45921

Phone: (XXX) XXX-XXXX

SS# XXX-XX-XXXX

During the year of XXXX around November, I was an E-2, stationed at Ft. Hood Tx. in the

48th Medical Batallion, with said veteran, E-3 Smith.

I was getting ready to leave post when I realized I had forgotten my coat in the CO's (name) office. As I began to enter the building I heard loud voices, the loudest one I recognized as the CO's because his voice was very unique and gruff.

As I opened the office door I saw E-3 Smith raising his arm to block the blow of a chair hitting him over the head. The CO was screaming at E-3 Smith as he hit him with the chair, you no good SOB, I said give me all of your money now or I'll kill your sorry azz on the spot.

I watched as E-3 Smith grabbed his stomach as he was falling to the floor.

Right after that I saw the CO kick him in the face so hard that E-3 Smith's body flipped across the room, slammed into the wall knocking the flag over, which also flipped and landed in E-3 Smith's eye, sticking straight up in the air.

I picked E-3 Smith up off the floor, put him in the jeep and delivered him to the nearest TMC.

E-3 Smith received stitches in his head, a cast on his right arm and three weeks later he showed up for formation with a prosthetic eye.

The CO told both of us that if we reported any of this he'd deny it all.

He also stated he would tell any board that called him to testify that E-3 Smith

sustained these injuries when he walked in on the two of us performing S&M sex

and we would both get dishonorable discharges for homosexual activity.

I have never had any homosexual activity.

About three weeks after this horrible incident I observed E-3 Smith laying on the floor,

he appeared to have passed out and I observed his body begin to twitch and jerk

as he seemed to be having some type of seizure. I also observed that a small amount

of vomit came out of his mouth and he also lost control of his bowels.

I swear these statements to be absolutely true.

Please contact me for any additional reason you feel necessary.

Signature ______________________________________

Carlie, this is a really good example you provided; thanks. :lol: