Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Good News And Bad News

Rate this question

octdevildog

Question

Hey Vets, just wanted to let some of you know that my request for increase has been completed somethings were granted others i have to go back to the drawling board. Good news is that i went from a 50% to 80%. The bad it should be more i was already a 30% for PTSD and that did not get an increase even though on the shirnks scale they use they said i was a at a 50, and my hemmiroids were not considered services connected (i was in when they came up), and my knee was not service connected either. So the good news is that i did get a back increase and overall increase in compensation. Now i see what some of you who have delt with the VA for some time are talking about with having to fight with them. So looks like i'm going to resubmit for stuff or appeal, its kinda upsetting, but seeing how many of you have fought for so many years and to here your stories of triumph are what keep me pressing on, knowing that they (VA and Govt) should be doing right by us and not trying to short change us, provide us the vets with the proper compensation and medical care we deserve. Well thats all for now!

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

oct,

Congrats on the increase, that is quite a difference.

Keep in mind that with mental health disabilities the GAF score

is only one indicator used to establish a percentage of disability.

Congrats again.

jmho,

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, Oct congrats and remember to change your 50 to 80% (the lower left!).

Can you post what you recieved in response for the denied items? Sometimes all it takes is a little more fire power to get connected. I sometimes had set aside issues I didnt think I had a chance on, then another Hadit post would encourage me to go again.

The best to ya, keep in contact,

Cg'up2009

Edited by cowgirl

Yes, Oct congrats and remember to change your 50 to 80% (the lower left!).

Can you post what you recieved in response for the denied items? Sometimes all it takes is a little more fire power to get connected. I sometimes had set aside issues I didnt think I had a chance on, then another Hadit post would encourage me to go again.

The best to ya, keep in contact,

Cg'up2009

Soon as i get the envelope, the only reason i know this is i was at the Vet Commission office yesterday and asked what was going on with it.