Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Veterans Administration

Rate this question

bobbyq

Question

:P I unfortunately take my VSO job too serious and I am now to the point I just wanna beat someones butt!! I can not even talk!! I have had problems with the VA like the claim denied because shrapnel wounds not being s/c. I have a 1950 vet who used to work on A bombs and clenaing etc. He has some skin cancers and the VA has steadfastly denied him, and I have written to everyone person in the world to get s/c for his job. His docimeter readings according to the USAF do not exist. I have letters that state A bombs were not supposed to be in England at the 1950's and so it goes on and on. Now he just got word that he has either pancreatic cancer or liver cancer and has to go in for treatment. I am so sick and tired of the VA screwing veterans out of their treatments and compensation for a job that benefited this country. I spend hours a day just feeling depressed and so antagonized over this treatment. Nobody outside of the Veterans gives a shit and we are just left dangling have to prove ourselves. Everything is our problem and I am just sick of it.

I am sorry but I needed to talk to someone. Q

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

you are just going to have to accept the fact that you are not going to win every claim. Even though it may be a justified, valid claim, you may still lose. If you let it effect you this strongly, it will hamper the help you are able to give to other vets.

That is why I have quit, the VFW was my biggest failure, they were not interested in the vet and the Marine Corps League which I also ran did not have the funds needed and we closed that office. It is just that there is no justice, true the claims with combat stressors are fairly easy tho time prolonged by the VA, but you take the average joe who served, and is suffering s/c he has very little recourse because the govt that you are requesting help from is the one that has to provide your evidence. Long ago when I wanted to be a cop in CA I was told I could not be a cop unless I had a Peace Officers Certificate, and I could not get a Peace Officers Certificate unless I was a cop. This is the exact same attitude we face with the VA. I know I cannot help everyone and that I am going to lose some, but when the ultimate sacrifice is your life, then there should be some recourse. Somebody has to stand up and take a stand for you. I just do not have the resources (especially finances) or legal education to remedy this vet.