Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Veterans Administration

Rate this question

bobbyq

Question

:P I unfortunately take my VSO job too serious and I am now to the point I just wanna beat someones butt!! I can not even talk!! I have had problems with the VA like the claim denied because shrapnel wounds not being s/c. I have a 1950 vet who used to work on A bombs and clenaing etc. He has some skin cancers and the VA has steadfastly denied him, and I have written to everyone person in the world to get s/c for his job. His docimeter readings according to the USAF do not exist. I have letters that state A bombs were not supposed to be in England at the 1950's and so it goes on and on. Now he just got word that he has either pancreatic cancer or liver cancer and has to go in for treatment. I am so sick and tired of the VA screwing veterans out of their treatments and compensation for a job that benefited this country. I spend hours a day just feeling depressed and so antagonized over this treatment. Nobody outside of the Veterans gives a shit and we are just left dangling have to prove ourselves. Everything is our problem and I am just sick of it.

I am sorry but I needed to talk to someone. Q

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

they do the same thing to the cold war vets used in the classified cold war human experiments so I know your frustrations. My step father was a radio operator on WW2 bombers in the 50s and early 60s he flew many of the missions over the Nevada test site to gather data from the clouds, he ended up with three different kinds of cancer that were on the list of known cancers caused by the exposure to radiation, I could never talk him into filing a claim with the VA because they would just off set his AF retirement I couldn't get him to understand that his VA check would be tax free and his retirement check was taxable he died the year that Congress approved the RECA act try and get your veteran to file the claim for the 75,000 dollar payment from this agency

http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d051002r.pdf

http://www.usdoj.gov/civil/torts/const/reca/eeoicpa.htm

I hope this helps

We're glad you take your job seriously and care about the vets you help. No need to ever apologize for taking time to come here and venting. That's what we are here for. All of these virtual shoulders to lean on!!!

Take care and thanks for all of your hard work!

This vet was stationed in England and cleaned the sweat off the atomic bombs that came back from air missions to Russia. Cold war never was exposed to downwinders (a claim I have successfully done). This is carcinoma from working on the bombs and dismatling them and cleaning them off. He has statements from other crewmen but to no avial. We have contacted USAF in Tx, Washington DC, and Louisianna and all the information is negative. Those files are long gone and he cannot get a doctor that will say that more likely than not his cancer is from those times. He will most likely not live out the year. Really sucks

• HadIt.com Elder

Bobbyq:

Thank you for helping Vets. I was stationed in Germany on a post you could walk across in less than 5 minutes. There were 2 units one Artillery and the one I was in Air Cav. We had to wear those little rocks that checked for radiation and send them to higher maintainance every 30 days. Tell me that we were not around nukes/ I always suspected the Artillery had it..

• HadIt.com Elder

you are just going to have to accept the fact that you are not going to win every claim. Even though it may be a justified, valid claim, you may still lose. If you let it effect you this strongly, it will hamper the help you are able to give to other vets.