Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Unexplained Rash

Rate this question

mrsvet28

Question

MY HUSBAND IS CONSTANTLY ITCHING AND THEN SCRATCHES IT - THEN GETS HUGE WELTS AND IT SPREADS ALL OVER- ANYBODY ELSE EXPERIENCE THIS WITH THEIR BLOOD PRESSURE OR BLADDER OR PTSD MEDS.?? IT JUST NEVER STOPS AND IS WEARING HIM DOWN MORE THAN HE IS- WENT TO THE VAMC HERE- THEIR SENDING HIM TO DERMATOLOGIST- FINALLY

I'M BEGINNING TO THINK IT IS STAPH FROM THE PROCEDURE HE HAD THERE 3 YEARS AGO-IT STARTS OUT LIKE A BITE ON HIS INNER THIGH BY GROIN- THEN IT OOZES PUS- AND THEN HIS FACE SWELLS AND THEN RASH-EVERYWHERE -EVERYDAY

OR COULD IT BE AO RELATED?

ANYBODY ELSE

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

don't worry about claim stuff yet....get him to the doc and get him well first.

hope he feels better soon!!

Been in the claim for 10 years- had him to the Vamc for the whole time also- they cant find anything- his blood tests check out-they are sending him to dermatologist end of month- I believe it is nerve related somehow- I have eliminated certain foods in his diet/purines/ lactose/hope we get some hope soon

Do a search for MRSA. It is a staph infection that often developes what looks like a spider bite.

It is deadly.

Symptoms

CLICK TO ENLARGE

Photos of staph infections

Staph skin infections, including MRSA, generally start as small red bumps that resemble pimples, boils or spider bites. These can quickly turn into deep, painful abscesses that require surgical draining. Sometimes the bacteria remain confined to the skin. But they can also penetrate into the body, causing potentially life-threatening infections in bones, joints, surgical wounds, the bloodstream, heart valves and lungs.

Thanks I've researched that too- had his blood tests done it came up ok-liver-kidneys checked out/ I researched spider bites as well - it looks like it was that-but that MRSA is very scary/

I am hoping maybe hes just allergic to our Sons Chiahuaua we are watching her while he is in BUDS training-that would be good news!! Could they have missed MRSA in the blood tests you think? I'll ask them when we go next week Thanks again

Doctors often miss it.

If this can be attributed to a SC med- and is at a ratable level- he could claim this condition as secondary to the SC meds.

This is not an AO presumptive disability-

they are changing his BP meds.- and stopped folic acid- if we mentioned this will it be held up in the remand level? His records say they are treating him for solar dermatitis-but we never claimed it only those you already have read about, Thanks for answer

they are changing his BP meds.- and stopped folic acid- if we mentioned this will it be held up in the remand level? His records say they are treating him for solar dermatitis-but we never claimed it only those you already have read about, Thanks for answer

I had a rash all over my body and saw a dermatologist and the last visit they gave me a different medicine for it. When the doctors left the room the nurse ask me what kind of laundry detergent that I used and it was Tide with bleach and she told me to not use it anymore and to wash all of my clothes and bed clothes in liquid All and it is a clear liquid and can be bought in most store I suspose. My rash cleared up after I washed my clothed in the new detergent. It may help or it may not as your rash may be different than mine. Railroader

I had a rash all over my body and saw a dermatologist and the last visit they gave me a different medicine for it. When the doctors left the room the nurse ask me what kind of laundry detergent that I used and it was Tide with bleach and she told me to not use it anymore and to wash all of my clothes and bed clothes in liquid All and it is a clear liquid and can be bought in most store I suspose. My rash cleared up after I washed my clothed in the new detergent. It may help or it may not as your rash may be different than mine. Railroader

Thanks for reply,

I can try All- use ARM and Hammer now- this breaks out into welts after itching it- and it comes on and goes away suddenly --all day and nite- Thanks for reply

I had a rash with several PTSD meds and BP meds, I never was sure which mixture was the culprit. The BP med was lisinipril and Benicar. The rash was on my legs, ankles and stomach worse than other locations. The Dr. finally just left me on Alpralasom and Colonzepam. He said 50% of PTSD patiences with other problems never find a med that works or either gives them a rash or other side effects that they are unable to stand, so they take what meds they can and just live with it.

Thanks,

My hub is also on lisinopril- he got the same area rash as well as yours is - she had him stop Folic acid and added hydrocholorothyazide a diuretic to his collection- his is on his legs- chest back-

ankles- sometimes face- does yours just flair up and is it worse if you scratch it?