Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Unexplained Rash

Rate this question

mrsvet28

Question

MY HUSBAND IS CONSTANTLY ITCHING AND THEN SCRATCHES IT - THEN GETS HUGE WELTS AND IT SPREADS ALL OVER- ANYBODY ELSE EXPERIENCE THIS WITH THEIR BLOOD PRESSURE OR BLADDER OR PTSD MEDS.?? IT JUST NEVER STOPS AND IS WEARING HIM DOWN MORE THAN HE IS- WENT TO THE VAMC HERE- THEIR SENDING HIM TO DERMATOLOGIST- FINALLY

I'M BEGINNING TO THINK IT IS STAPH FROM THE PROCEDURE HE HAD THERE 3 YEARS AGO-IT STARTS OUT LIKE A BITE ON HIS INNER THIGH BY GROIN- THEN IT OOZES PUS- AND THEN HIS FACE SWELLS AND THEN RASH-EVERYWHERE -EVERYDAY

OR COULD IT BE AO RELATED?

ANYBODY ELSE

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If this can be attributed to a SC med- and is at a ratable level- he could claim this condition as secondary to the SC meds.

This is not an AO presumptive disability-

• HadIt.com Elder
MY HUSBAND IS CONSTANTLY ITCHING AND THEN SCRATCHES IT - THEN GETS HUGE WELTS AND IT SPREADS ALL OVER- ANYBODY ELSE EXPERIENCE THIS WITH THEIR BLOOD PRESSURE OR BLADDER OR PTSD MEDS.?? IT JUST NEVER STOPS AND IS WEARING HIM DOWN MORE THAN HE IS- WENT TO THE VAMC HERE- THEIR SENDING HIM TO DERMATOLOGIST- FINALLY

I'M BEGINNING TO THINK IT IS STAPH FROM THE PROCEDURE HE HAD THERE 3 YEARS AGO-IT STARTS OUT LIKE A BITE ON HIS INNER THIGH BY GROIN- THEN IT OOZES PUS- AND THEN HIS FACE SWELLS AND THEN RASH-EVERYWHERE -EVERYDAY

ANYBODY ELSE

It could be a recurrent staph infection. Take him to a Doc.

ANYBODY ELSE

Do a search for MRSA. It is a staph infection that often developes what looks like a spider bite.

It is deadly.

Symptoms

CLICK TO ENLARGE

Photos of staph infections

Staph skin infections, including MRSA, generally start as small red bumps that resemble pimples, boils or spider bites. These can quickly turn into deep, painful abscesses that require surgical draining. Sometimes the bacteria remain confined to the skin. But they can also penetrate into the body, causing potentially life-threatening infections in bones, joints, surgical wounds, the bloodstream, heart valves and lungs.

Doctors often miss it.

Edited by timetowinarace

x

x

x

Sounds like a toxic or stressed Liver.

Thanks for reply- had his blood tests done last week and everything checked out ok- liver-kidneys-heart-lungs- he has prostatic hypertrphy and has had numerous cystoscoptomys-

this all seemed to start when the VAMC here started to do a TURP- and what he was supposed to be in an hour and half was 4 hours- and the equipment malfunctioned when they were in his urethra thru the penis-and overdosed his epidural they gavehim a double - I am thinking his bladder retains 30 percent urine- and that maybe is becoming toxic- am very puzzled they cant find out why- I was told by his Primary doc- that sometimes the folic acid becomes toxic with other meds. ??