Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Unexplained Rash

Rate this question

mrsvet28

Question

MY HUSBAND IS CONSTANTLY ITCHING AND THEN SCRATCHES IT - THEN GETS HUGE WELTS AND IT SPREADS ALL OVER- ANYBODY ELSE EXPERIENCE THIS WITH THEIR BLOOD PRESSURE OR BLADDER OR PTSD MEDS.?? IT JUST NEVER STOPS AND IS WEARING HIM DOWN MORE THAN HE IS- WENT TO THE VAMC HERE- THEIR SENDING HIM TO DERMATOLOGIST- FINALLY

I'M BEGINNING TO THINK IT IS STAPH FROM THE PROCEDURE HE HAD THERE 3 YEARS AGO-IT STARTS OUT LIKE A BITE ON HIS INNER THIGH BY GROIN- THEN IT OOZES PUS- AND THEN HIS FACE SWELLS AND THEN RASH-EVERYWHERE -EVERYDAY

OR COULD IT BE AO RELATED?

ANYBODY ELSE

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I had a rash for that came and went on my shins. Came and went for years and I just lived with it for years. I finally was getting so bad I could not stop itching it and it became infected with little pimples and scabs. It was driving me crazy. Finally the dermatoligist gave me a cream called clobetasol propionate ointment. I would put that ointment on then wrap my leg with saran wrap, after a week it was so much better, I could not believe it. I believe the reason why I was getting this itchy rash was that I would be on step ladder a lot and my shin would rest up against the rungs and this would just aggravate the crap out of my legs. Wether this was the underlying cause or only one, I am not sure. Possible the linisprol has something to do with it and I think the linisprol is giving me that dry throat problem.

T&b

• HadIt.com Elder

Be very careful about using lisinopril as for me it caused a severe and hacking dry cough that went away after I changed to another med.