Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Sop Disability Audits ?

Rate this question

Magoo_Mr.

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Today (01-28-2005) ... I received a letter (dated 12-29-2005) ... from the regional DVA and it was titled:

..... "DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS BENEFITS INCREASED" .....

Well, it did show an increase in monthly payment bennies ... HOWEVER ...

Below that statement and continuing on the back of the 1 page letter it also stated:

That there are nine (9) things that the DVA will be "cross checking" on disabled veterans in reference to their status.

Most were common sense .. but number 3 said ... That the DVA will be checking with SSA for those that are on TDIU & paid at 100% rate ... to see if any are receiving "substancial earned income".

Now, I don't go crazy over this ... but, this is the first time that I can remember the DVA sending this kind of info to me.

I guess that this is a DVA SOP letter ??

... Magoo ... aka ... Bill ... B)

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Gang:

I forgot to mention that my DVA & VARO letter took a month to reach me ... and I am in the ... "SAME CITY" ... and just a few miles up the road too.

So ... I am sure that the DVA & VARO did NOT mail it when it was dated.

My letter actually is from the DVA (Department of Veteran Affairs) .......... and the VARO is also in the same building and uses a different envelope .... and with a different P.O Box on their return address.

Today, I talked to another veteran, close to me ... who received the same letter that I got on the same day that I received mine and his had the same DVA letter date too.

The problem is ... when the letter has this PREPRINTED on it -->

--> "Presorted -- First-Class Mail -- US Postage Paid -- Department of Veteran Affairs" <--

... PRINTED on the envelope and NOT put on with even a hand stamped return address or a postage meter ... There is NO way to tell when they mailed it, because the post office does NOT cancel stamp and/or date stamp it.

I think this may be a new tactic by the VA and this is a new ... "Style of Envelope" ... and really covers their azz.

... Magoo .. aka ... Bill ... :P

PS .. You all have given me an idea ... tomorrow, I am going to send the DVA a CERTIFIED LETTER (with a copy of their letter & envelope received) indicating the date on their letter and the date that I received it .. and ask what happened ???? ...... I wonder IF I will get a response ???

Then, I will put a copy of that correspondence in MY VA personal file for future ammo. B)

Edited by Magoo_Mr.

• HadIt.com Elder

I just received my notice of my rate increase dated 29 Dec 05 thursday they had sent it to my old address even though I notified everyone that I moved in November, SSD, VA, even my VA meds are being mailed to the new address so why does the VARO insist on using the old address, it delays the mail a month, I got a notice last week to submit new evidence within 30 days I submitted it the next day and got it date stamped, they are something else.

Guest Namvet6567

Magoo - you might want to call 800-827-1000 and confirm the address they have for you. That's the address that's consider "current address of record." All mail from the VA comes from DVA. DVA and VARO are one in the same. In the event a letter is not postmark dated, the VA assumes that you received it 5 days from the date on letter, unless there is credible evidence that is contrary. And then there's the USPS handling issue - I see another disgruntled former employee has expressed their disatisfaction.

• HadIt.com Elder

If I had to sign one of those suckers every year, I'd be sending them AHEAD of schedule! Copy the form you have and send them for the years 06 and 07 and 08 !! If nothing else, I'd be sure to send it early next year. Maybe a vet could hand-write a notarized letter to state they are not working, send it the same time every year?!