VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Convalesant

Rate this question

Done wit this

Question

I figure Some-one On here had to have gone through this besides Me ..

How long Until VA pays Me the 100% rate for down Time after surgery?

Thanks

Macool

Edited by macool

• Answers 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

To many factors to actually give an intelligent answer but if all the paperwork is done and they have the C&P probably not to long considering how long you have already waited.

Is the decider a new name for rater or is it the RO. Or just a new buzz word to get Veterans to hang up and get off the phone?

Nah, no code name. I just thought I would throw a little GW Bush humor in my post. Remember when he said "I am the decider". I am doing anything to keep my sense of humor going. I'm still not working. I had to use my 401K to get my Computer Repair store open. Now when the VA finally deposits, that will be used for inventory and such.

Here is the latest from IRIS:

Inquirer 05/19/2009 09:16 AM

I have respectfully requested the status of my claim for 100% temporary disability in the past. I now have an eviction notice, utility cut off notices are coming. What am I to do? I refuse to be made homeless by the VA. I have no income, the surgery performed by the VA in 01/2009 made my daily living tolerable, but I am unemployable, I cannot return to my original job. This is taking too long. I am at my wits end. I have pawned or sold most of my possesions to maintain basic items like electric, water, house, transportation. But I have nothing more to give. Depression, don't even get me started. What takes so long to get this approved? I had surgery at a VA hospital! Your doctor wrote the reports. I have been without an income since January. I bet you don't have to worry about your paychecks, or bills, or food. DON'T MAKE ME ANOTHER HOMELESS VETERAN!~~!!!!!!

This message is in response to your inquiry regarding the status of your claim. We deeply regret the extreme financial hardship your are experiencing. We are forwarding this inquiry to our Winston-Salem Regional Office, requesting they expedite your claim due to financial hardship. Please send in copies of the eviction notice, and notices that your utilities will be shut off. That is the proof we will need to expedite your claim. We have also placed a note in your electronic file regarding the financial hardship.

We are very sorry for the delay, but claims are worked in the order in which they were received. There is currently a very large backlog which delays the processing of claims. Your claim went to the Rating Board on April, 2009. The Rating Board will review your file and make a decision on your claim. We are unable to give you a timeline when they will review your file as we do not know their caseload, even with the request to expedite your claim. After a rating has been established, your file will go to the authorization department for verification and review.

Once you have been approved Temporary 100% you will be paid retroactively from the date of your claim for any benefits you may be entitled to. You will receive notification via US mail once your claim has been finalized. Your notification letter will explain our decision in detail.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

Sincerely yours,

E. J. Kruse

National IRIS Response Center Manager

js

How to Contact VA:

On line:

www.va.gov

By phone:

1-800-827-1000

1-800-829-4833 (TDD hearing impaired)

By fax:

(336) 714-0651

By letter:

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

Federal Building

251 N Main Street

Winston-Salem, NC 27155

I am still waiting also.. I have a CnP exam The 1st of june fore my shoulder Percentages..Thank god My EED was granted or I to would be in a world of shit..

But thats going to get used to stay afloat until I get some real Percentages and also temp 100% from My left shoulder surgery..They would like Me to get My right one done Also..I won't until This crap is decided..It will just hold things Up...

Edited by macool

• HadIt.com Elder

I am sorry and I have been through it but I know that this sounds trite but things work out and usually better than we could ask for.

Wow! How could it get any better?! Now my employer is terminating my short term disability be cause they have not received the latest doctors report from my VA doctor. I checked with ROI at VAMC Asheville and they received the paperwork from me two months ago, but the doctor has not bothered to return it to my employer. I am contacting the patient advocate today. I did get approved for VOCREHAB, but we all know that money won't show until I'm in school. My VocRehab counselor checked on my claim yesterday in the computer system...somehow the VA has both the DAV and NCDVA as POA. She could not figure that one out. I did sign for the DAV to have POA back in January, but the NCDVA actually has a local office here with normal business hours...no half days for half of the week like DAV. I take this as a good thing. I will get a signed POA for the NCDVA to CMyA. Now, because of my disability, I lost my balance last week and broke my left ankle. My disability involves my abdominal muscles on my right side. This makes crutches impossible to use. It has been suggested that I request a wheelchair from VAMC, but my house is not wheelchair accessable. This ankle injury will be a temporary thing, so I'll deal with it. Everyone pray for my wife since she has to put up with me. Once I get to the bottom of all of this and the dust settles...I just might write a book.