VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Convalesant

Rate this question

Done wit this

Question

I figure Some-one On here had to have gone through this besides Me ..

How long Until VA pays Me the 100% rate for down Time after surgery?

Thanks

Macool

Edited by macool

• Answers 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Meddac,

Should I start pounding IRIS for a "supension date"?

A suspense date wouldn't hurt to know. I'm not sure if the phone teams (which I know people dislike) wouldn't be able to get you that info quicker....although it might not be accurate. With a suspense date you would at least you would have some better ideas on the time issues.

Just some helpful information. If there is a child in the house under the age of 18 and a hardship exist, you can apply for a grant through the American Legion. You don't have to be a member, just a veteran. They usually have it processed in less than a week.

Edited by sharon

Just got this back from IRIS with two Suspense Dates. I'm guessing the first one is for my "Automatic" claim for hypertension filed by the VA. The second one, using my powers of deduction, is for my 100% Temp Claim. I was very respectful in my request, so...we'll see what happens.

Response (Department of Veterans Affairs)

03/11/2009 10:51 AM Dear Mr. Millard:

This is in response to your March 10, 2009 inquiry.

Our records indicate suspense dates of March 9, 2009 and May 8, 2009. Suspense dates are used for internal purposes and the departments using them are under no legal obligation to complete reviews and processes by those dates. We generally do not release suspense date information to veterans due to this reason.

Please know that VA is working as quickly as possible. We do realize that claims results affect many decisions that veterans and their families have to make. We appreciate your patience.

Thank you for contacting us. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below.

Sincerely yours,

E. J. Kruse

National IRIS Response Center Manager

tlr

I was very respectful in my request, so...we'll see what happens.

Never did squat for Me ,I tryed the being a nice guy and wording everything just so..

It don't matter...I wish it did ...get ready for a wait ... and if you lose your ass along the way ..

The VA don't care ...their checks come right on time every two weeks or when-ever they are paid.

I have 4 kids at home I have tryed everything to get the VA to move ... It is like trying get your enemy to fight with you, instead of against you. I had no Christmas. Nothing and my EED has been granted.. seen nothing from that don't expect to . Cause the VA admin don't give a SH!T. instead of helping me ..they have decided to Order my SS admin records so they Can put it off longer... caring less if I lose my house Family and my life... These People don't work with the Vets they are there to stop them.. Rules regulations and evidence is the only thing they seem to give a crap about ... they lose the human thing when they take the job.... My birthdays coming up you know what I will get ..."A WISH" and that one will be ..."WISH" the VA admin would finish my Claims..

Rough day Trying to come up with what I don't have to keep crap going here.. I had to Borrow a computer just to get" here" do School....Mines down - crapped to bed and I sure can't afford a new one..... I can't even get unemployment because of the surgery ..and the VA admin don't give a rats ass...............Just sit there and wait..

Edited by macool