Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About Gabapentin

Rate this question

Guest Vietnam Tanker

Question

Guest Vietnam Tanker

My PCD recently prescribed this med to me for the neuropathy in my arms and legs. It seems that since I am taking the med I always feel that I am having an out of body experience and am constantly dizzy and falling down. I don't know if it is the med or if it is part of the TBI I suffered in Nam. I will have an appointment this thursday with my primary care. I think I may get some answers then, but until then any advice would be greatly appreciated and needed. Thanks.

John V

Vietnam Tanker B)

Edited by Vietnam Tanker

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

they took me off gabapentin years ago I didn't deal well with it either now I am on klonopin

http://www.rxlist.com/neurontin-drug.htm

Edited by Testvet

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

i take it twice a day for neuropathy,it makes me feel like my feet are stuck to the floor.and it puts on the pounds.i don't think i would like to do without it though.the pain would be too much.

Edited by simple fly

<b>for sale.....1 used veteran.slightly broken.

understands very little when it comes to regulations.

please be gentle.housebroken</b> <b>,growls

but does not bite</b>

SIDE EFFECTS: Drowsiness, dizziness, unsteadiness, fatigue, vision changes, weight gain, nausea, dry mouth, or constipation may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor or pharmacist promptly. Tell your doctor immediately if any of these serious side effects occur: tremor or shaking, swollen arms/legs. Tell your doctor immediately if any of these unlikely but serious side effects occur: loss of coordination, mental/mood changes. Tell your doctor immediately if any of these highly unlikely but very serious side effects occur: persistent sore throat/fever/cough, unusual bleeding/bruising, pain/redness of arms or legs, chest pain, trouble breathing, fast/slow/irregular heartbeat, hearing loss, stomach/abdominal pain. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.

You need to talk to your doctor about the side effects you are having. Also let him know if you are taking vitamins. They some times change the effects of prescription drugs.

"Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jimmy V

I've been on 2700 mg a day for over a year now. It occassionally makes me sleepy, some balance problems, but not enough to stop. It has helped my pain. Lots of WEIGHT GAIN!.

• HadIt.com Elder

Many meds have side affects that taper off as you get used to it. For me it is the only med that I have taken that keeps my feet from killing me

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.