Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Dude - Previous Lurker

Rate this question

Roly

Question

Hello All,

I have read postings for a couple of years or more, as I navigated my way to 10% tinnitus, 2006, followed by 30% PTSD, 2008. I am a Navy Nam Vet. I learned Vietnamese after boot camp in 1968 at Defense Language Instititute in Monterey, then spent a year in country, NSA Danang, Camp Carter and NSA Saigon, Air Cofat. After that I was in VA115, an A6 squadron out of Oak Harbor WA, which did a Westpac deployment on the USS Midway. Then I went home. Now I'm 60 and retired out of federal civil service (at the earliest minute possible).

Where on the forum should I ask knowledgable members about proceeding now that my NOD was answered last week by a SOC that refers me to the BVA? I had requested a de novo review at the regional level, but their SOC came before they saw my non medical support letter challenging points in my award letter and the C&P exam, and my wifes support letter.

I need to choose the type of BVA review. What is the rate of success with the BVA?

Thanks, Pleased to Meet Ya, Roly

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Roly,

Welcome to Hadit and thank you for your service.

I am moving your post to the Claim/Research section where

others will chime in.

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• HadIt.com Elder
Hello All,

I have read postings for a couple of years or more, as I navigated my way to 10% tinnitus, 2006, followed by 30% PTSD, 2008. I am a Navy Nam Vet. I learned Vietnamese after boot camp in 1968 at Defense Language Instititute in Monterey, then spent a year in country, NSA Danang, Camp Carter and NSA Saigon, Air Cofat. After that I was in VA115, an A6 squadron out of Oak Harbor WA, which did a Westpac deployment on the USS Midway. Then I went home. Now I'm 60 and retired out of federal civil service (at the earliest minute possible).

Where on the forum should I ask knowledgable members about proceeding now that my NOD was answered last week by a SOC that refers me to the BVA? I had requested a de novo review at the regional level, but their SOC came before they saw my non medical support letter challenging points in my award letter and the C&P exam, and my wifes support letter.

I need to choose the type of BVA review. What is the rate of success with the BVA?

Thanks, Pleased to Meet Ya, Roly

Welcome aboard "Roly",.. And welcome home brother. It sounds like you had an adventurous life, in your youth. Me too. Good, bad or ugly, it makes for great memories. I wonder what the draft dodgers in our generation dream about?

Seriously, as you know, we have knowledgeable members here at Hadit, and I'm sure someone will be by to help you. Congratulations on you retirement and good luck with your claim.

Bob

Edited by Commander Bob 92-93

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit. Are you asking for an increase of PTSD and if you can't work you should be asking for TDIU. You can still ask for a Hearing if you want to work more on the claim.

Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Additionally, if you have diabetes(from Agent Orange-AO) and erectile dysfunction(ED) symptoms, we can help you out also.

From Bob,

4th Inf. Div; Central Highland Campaign

• HadIt.com Elder

I would ask for a DRO hearing where you meet with the senior rater in your area, if you have new evidence you can present it at the meeting and explain your rationale for the higher percentages based on your circumstances, then if they don't give you a fair award then you appeal it to the BVA you are also allowed to get an attorney that specializes in VA claims and they get 20% of any back pay they get you

if it comes to that you may want to consider it NOVA has lawyers that only do VA claims work and they know the regs as well as anyone and they get paid on how much they get the vets, me personally I want my lawyer to make a lot of money better to pay them 20% of something than for me to keep 100% of nothing

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome Roly, I am glad you are here and that is a good question on how to proceed.

What issue did you do NOD on? Did you have a VSO representing you? Seems to me the DRO is redirecting you to the BVA for a reason, what did the SOC state? Guess I am curious.

Definitely this is the time to ask questions, if at all possible prior to choosing a review methodology. From my point of view, having a claim resolved at DRO saves so much time and effort.

Thank your wife for being there for you as well!

Best to ya,

Cg'up2009!

For my children, my God sent husband and my Hadit family of veterans, I carry on.

God Bless A m e r i c a, Her Veterans and their Families!