VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lawyer Fees

Rate this question

hp1030

Question

Hello and health to all:

I recently received my determination with approval of my disability benefits. The month of December as instructed by a SS tech, I filed a letter with SS to get rid of my attorney. To my surprise they still paid her!!!!! $5000.00!!!!!

How do I fight his, My attorney did almost nothing to help my case. My sons did all the work.

Looking forward to your help.

P

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Hello and health to all:

I recently received my determination with approval of my disability benefits. The month of December as instructed by a SS tech, I filed a letter with SS to get rid of my attorney. To my surprise they still paid her!!!!! $5000.00!!!!!

How do I fight his, My attorney did almost nothing to help my case. My sons did all the work.

Looking forward to your help.

P

I my self went through something of the sorts if you asked you lawyer a "letter of release", which I received before moving to IN so when I got the letter it released my lawyer of any entitlements that I may have received from SSA if awarded. Now your lawyer has to justify his cost if you are awarded SSA at ALJ hearing or if granted SSA, mine its self was $5000 and I had a hearing and everything. If you didn't receive a "letter of release" you may have to go through SSD to enplane he was released and they in turn will ask for his paper work and billings and work performed on your case so that he/she is paid accordingly and the $5,000 is justfied. But I would contact your lawyer first and notify them of the SSA error,"BE NICE" that either you can handle it with them (they may keep some $$ fee's for work rendered) or they can send it back to SSA and you can deal with SSA directly. I can't see them keeping it if you or they did not attend an ALJ hearing with you..