VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Claim-congressional Inquiry

Rate this question

ruby

Question

Here's the deal, I think that there is sufficient medical literature to support the findings of my MRI/EMG for secondary radiculopathy to my sc cervical arthritis.

I have a claim that I filed in Feb 08 when I did not hear from the VARO by Aug 08 I filed another claim. According to the 800 number the claims have been on the raters desk since Nov08. One of those claims I must be given a comp exam or a direct denial, but I am not sure they can deny without the comp exam, just assuming they can. The second claim should be approved with or without a comp exam, just depends on the rater.

I have the other claim above that I am waiting on to file, if I file it then I just delayed the present claim that is on the raters desk again for probably another year.

Here are my options I can file the 3rd claim and not lose any further EED on them or wait until the rater gets to the above claims and at least orders a comp exam and lose the EED.

I can also ask for a congressional inquiry to the reason for the delay---If I file the 3rd claim it is going to take a year longer, if I ask for the CI it will delay for 6 months to a year, based on this theory I see no reason not to file the 3rd claim and do an CI for the first 2 claims.

Any takers on why I should or shouldn't? Just want to make sure I have covered all the bases in my rationale for doing a congressional inquiry.

PS--I am also pissed at the VA, found out today they are cutting a program I wanted to attend and they will not approve fee basis--was told they have been told not to refer it's not in the budget. Also, told they are expecting budget cuts--there is a freeze on spending until the the stimulus package is done. They are recieving enough money to operate on a daily basis.

Thanks

Ruby

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

ruby-

is it my understanding that you are filing the same claim over and over? if so......this isn't a good idea. to have your initial claim at the VARO since Feb 08 may seem like a very long time (and it is a long time)....you will hear from other vets on here that one year is actually not that long. i'm thinking that each time you file a new claim, it just slows up the process.

just my thoughts.

In my opinion I would say if you have claims that are

supposedly "with the rater" and you filed it over a year

ago, if you were to do a congressional inquiry,

you just lost your place in line - for much to do about nothing.

I do not mean this in a rude way.

jmho,

carlie

ruby-

is it my understanding that you are filing the same claim over and over? if so......this isn't a good idea. to have your initial claim at the VARO since Feb 08 may seem like a very long time (and it is a long time)....you will hear from other vets on here that one year is actually not that long. i'm thinking that each time you file a new claim, it just slows up the process.

just my thoughts.

No, Purple they are not the same, they are all different. I have been sc'd connected for 30 yrs. I just never applied for an increase until 2006 when I could no longer afford health care on my own and I became dependent on the VA (what a sad day that was). I prefered to stay out of the VA system since they pissed me off 25 yrs ago, they were much worse then. At least now I have decent docs.

1st is to change a dx and to add a secondary to the changed dx

2nd is PTSD/MST

3rd is radiculopathy secondary to sc arthritis.

In my opinion I would say if you have claims that are

supposedly "with the rater" and you filed it over a year

ago, if you were to do a congressional inquiry,

you just lost your place in line - for much to do about nothing.

I do not mean this in a rude way.

jmho,

carlie

None taken, just really pissed at the VA right now, figure if I have to wait then let them work a little harder for thier money just like I am.