VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Employees Disabilities

Rate this question

gp747

Question

in another post i was mentioning the observations i have had about some va employees

and i have come to the conclusion some of them are not able physically or mentally to do the job.

and it is no wonder important documents are getting shredded if a person cannot do the job and wants to cover their butt the best way is to eliminate the workload by shredder and go on to something a little easier.

i have seen this in person people who i wish were not handling anything of mine. no wonder important documents are lost or shredded,the people have got the "cant fire me i am a government employee"attitude really do not care if your files are lost are shredded ,as long as they haven't been caught doing it.

i know one time va parking lot was full all the time people were circling trying to get a parking place . patients were being seen on time ,but were not exiting on time .

the guy at travel was holding the whole thing up ,everybody dreaded to go to travel . he would find someone to talk to and talk for 30 minutes to an hour before processing a travel voucher,it was ridiculous.

they finally got rid of the guy and it made all the difference in the world ,people could park ,you could get your travel and go on.

i have nothing against hiring people with disabilities ,but they should be screened to see if they can do the job ,if they cant get rid of them .too many peoples lives depend on the process to run smoothly.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

We as Veterans have no say in who the VA hires or what work they assign. I suggest that you concentrate on working your claim. Many who work at the VA are disabled and may in fact be more empathetic to disabled Vets that the people who have been running it.

If you are sure that your claim or something you are provided by VA is not being done cause the VA employee is unfit for duty you can always write a complaint to the Director.