Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Yellow Envelope In The Mail

Rate this question

Ricky

Question

In my previous post the status of my claim was DRO process complete resulting in a partial grant. Today I received a yellow envelope stuffed full of claim documents, medical evidence and statements. The packet also included complete copies of the last two claims that I filed. No note or anything from the VARO just the documents all time and date stamped by the VARO. Anyone have any ideas why this was done?

Ricky

"I am a lay person, but I am a smart lay person"

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

O O O O O - I forgot I could also take over the 1-800 service also. I will have an 800 number installed here at home. Just simply call 1-800-URS-CREWED. "Good afternoon veteran, this is Ricky speaking how can I help you today?" "The status of your claim?" "Let me just check that for you vet." "lets see, hmmm, the computer says that you are one of the lucky ones cause your claim is now in the development phase." I understand vet that your claim has been processing for 14 years, but it is being worked on." "Do you know how many claims we process per year vet?" "Now we are taking just a little bit of time on your claim because we want to insure that it is rated properly so you will need to call us again at this number in about 2 years and we will be able to give you another update." Now is there anything else I can help you with today?"

My lord it is getting late and I think that I do need to submitt another claim for mental problems. Good night to all.

Boy- that's good-

I have heard of some weird stuff but this takes the cake---

I suggest that you write a letter to the Director of that Varo - telling them what you received in the mail-unless you want to wait to get there in person with it all- what concerns me is that-

since YOU have all this stuff from your claims file and they don't -how are they working on your claim?

Maybe this is a new VARO stall tactic- just send the claimant all their stuff back -and get it off a clerk's or DRO's desk-

I feel jealous- I had a copy and paste sameo sameo De Novo review- in Sept-

At least you got back something intelligent- the claims you wrote yourself!

"I think that I do need to submit another claim for mental problems."

Yeah- this is the kind of VARO crap that gave me VA- induced PTSD.

O O O O O - I forgot I could also take over the 1-800 service also. I will have an 800 number installed here at home. Just simply call 1-800-URS-CREWED. "Good afternoon veteran, this is Ricky speaking how can I help you today?" "The status of your claim?" "Let me just check that for you vet." "lets see, hmmm, the computer says that you are one of the lucky ones cause your claim is now in the development phase." I understand vet that your claim has been processing for 14 years, but it is being worked on." "Do you know how many claims we process per year vet?" "Now we are taking just a little bit of time on your claim because we want to insure that it is rated properly so you will need to call us again at this number in about 2 years and we will be able to give you another update." Now is there anything else I can help you with today?"

My lord it is getting late and I think that I do need to submitt another claim for mental problems. Good night to all.

Be careful Ricky, The Service Center Manager may try to hire you.