VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Yellow Envelope In The Mail

Rate this question

Ricky

Question

In my previous post the status of my claim was DRO process complete resulting in a partial grant. Today I received a yellow envelope stuffed full of claim documents, medical evidence and statements. The packet also included complete copies of the last two claims that I filed. No note or anything from the VARO just the documents all time and date stamped by the VARO. Anyone have any ideas why this was done?

Ricky

"I am a lay person, but I am a smart lay person"

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Unless someone says different, It looks like you may need to make a trip to the VARO and speek to a claims manager to get to the bottom of, why they would send all this to you. If some of this information turns out to be the only copy your C-File had, then the person rating your claim may not have all the information and evidence to base his opinion on. I personally would want to know for sure if this stuff is just someone who made copies of everything and is sending you your copies back.

I would not take the word of a phone clerk to give you the correct answer, a claims mamager is the lowest person on the totum pole I would believe. Maybe the could issue a memo, just a short one saying that all the enformation you were sent is in the file and ask to see your file to make sure.

Sorry, but I am a bit paranoid, but that is part of my diagnosis. LoL ;) Just because your paranoid doesn't mean their not out to cheat you. LoL

Jim S. B)

Edited by Jim S.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ricky:

If you live close to the RO you should go as soon as it is convienent. If I were you I would consider opying all the info for my own records and than take it back and see what they have to say.

It appears that when it was time to clean up their desk your VA Employee got confused and mixed up your C File with the documents that they entended to mail you.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ricky

I agree with Pete and Jim. Go to your Regional VA office and find out what is going on with your claim. These guys can make a complete mess of your claim and cost you years of heartburn. You need to talk to a human being face to face at the VA. Don't get mad just insist on getting a full explanation.

BETTER YET, LETS ALL FLY TO WHERE RICKY LIVES AND ALL GO IN AT THE SAME TIME, BRING PICKET SIGNS AND CALL THE LOCAL TV AND NEWROOMS TO MEET US THEIR,

HEE HEE HAA HAA HOO HOO TO THE FUNNY FARM I GO. ;) :P B) :P :lol: :P

Guest VetWife Advocate
BETTER YET, LETS ALL FLY TO WHERE RICKY LIVES AND ALL GO IN AT THE SAME TIME, BRING PICKET SIGNS AND CALL THE LOCAL TV AND NEWROOMS TO MEET US THEIR,

HEE HEE HAA HAA HOO HOO TO THE FUNNY FARM I GO. ;) :P B) :P :lol: :P

HEY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

When you think IT WON't get NUTTIER!!!

Hey, Maybe they have decided you can rate your own claim!!! LOL

I think you would probably do a better job. Of course, they would make you explain your rationale completely no doubt.

COPY COPY COPY; DATE STAMP AT RO AND GET AN EXPLANATION!!!

dOCUMENT DOCUMENT DOCUMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brenda

If I rate my own claim must I consider all of the evidence? I think that I will toss the IMO's just so I can remand the claim back to myself. Heck guys - this just might be fun. If I am good at the rating game you guys could just send all of your future claims to me. I promise to issue denial ratings within 30 days of receipt of the claim and will insure that only two remands will be needed. If I succeed at rating maybe next I will take over vet health care. I will charge each vet a yearly fee for health care and do away with co-pays just to make vets think that I have actually given them something all the while putting the royal screw to them. HEY I AM GOOD AT THIS VA THING. On a more serious note - I only live three hours away so I plan to take a trip within the next two weeks and sit down with snuffy the service center manager and find out what is going on. Thanks for the advice.