Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Phone Call From Rep

Rate this question

Done wit this

Question

Today I received a call from the senior Counselor and the Man Told me that My Earlier Effective Date was Granted ..Thats back to 1994.... But they are still working on the Percentages on Both Shoulders to complete the Claims.I sent in Two - IMO's for the "percentages Appeals" one from my family Doctor and One complete Medical Evaluation from a specailist - Orthopedic Doctor with MRIs..The Doctors Opinions were much higher the the VA,s .. Makes Me feel better Knowing that they Granted the EED

:) B) :rolleyes: :D :lol: ;) Macool

Edited by macool

"We should not have to fight the system, We fought to protect"

• Answers 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Just wanted to add a reply to this... I was told I was granted the EED Feb 23rd...

I have not received anything in writing ,, ..It was granted by my VARO...as I have it figured The VA owes me a little money .. back to 1994...

I know they sent for My SSA records and have had the records since march 4th ..anyone have any ideas on how long they are going to play these games....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

macool,

If I remember right, VA has assigned an EED - but they have yet to adjudicate the percentages, to include bi-lats, increase and so-forth. This may also involve adjudication of some staged ratings.

Believe me, you will still need the money just as much when it finally comes.

I feel the money may not come prior until these other issues are adjudicated.

Even if you have already provided the VA with info regarding marriage and dependant's SSA numbers, I continue to strongly suggest (if you don't have proof of submitting this already)

completely filling out a 21-686c and submitting it and any additional information requested on the form, to your local VA. I would do this soon as finance will be figuring what they are supposed to pay.

http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-686c-ARE.pdf

Hope this helps a vet.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

Hi

Berta I did do Iris Inquirys ..but I get the same old answers every time...I could use them phone #s for my personal use if you could email them over to me, maybe I could make them get moving on it...well there is always a possability.. the Donna Terrill I think she is the person whom I had the Dro hearing with couple years ago...she was accross the desk from me ..and said I could not get the EED ...I knew she was wrong when she said that ...but I didn't push the issue because I don't think they would have granted it if they thought I had a clue.. I did but some times.. you got to wait.. to catch the big ones... I knew she was wrong...then when she said that..

Carlie I just printed three copies of the form for my dependents I will fill them out and send two copies to them ..I will send one and I, will take one to my reps office and have them send one..

Thats good advice ... I got lotts of kids all coming in at different times so they are going to need it. maybe it will make things quicker if thats possible.. I am really hope-full that this will be decided on and I will get something in writing soon..maybe by summer.

macool

Edited by macool

will do neighbor- Donna is the Director of this VARO- Susan is her overwhelemed VSCM

(that is I think she still is-there has been a shuffle in the directors at VAROs across the country as well as in other areas of VA-)

She got a 10,000 bonus in 2007 and I raised hell about it-this VARO denied claims -without addressing vets evidence-to get their production quota appear high.

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

well "Thank You for the Info " ** Berta ** I will use it ..see if it helps .."They have everything" that --I was told in an Iris inquiry have had it sence march 4-5 th or close to that...and also I am waiting on the temp 100% for the surgery in january..everythings is in for that also...all they have to do is what they are payed to do..Rate it... them... and I, can be happy for awhile..because they did there jobs..

Carlie, I have filled out three copies and I am going to send them copies of SS cards and birth cert,s marrage cert's and my oldest boy I adopted, His real dad was a loser easier to bail then stand up like a man so beings I was already standing I did the right thing ...I will send court papers on the adoption also . He is starting college in september ...I hope... think he is done delivering pizza's or a least knows thats not the way to the top... lol

I will say it again Thanks for being there

you people always make me feel better and give me GOOD INFO...

Macool

Sent everything in today cert mail-overnight so now they have no excuses..I, left out nothing....used the form here ..Thank you carlie....

macool,

If I remember right, VA has assigned an EED - but they have yet to adjudicate the percentages, to include bi-lats, increase and so-forth. This may also involve adjudication of some staged ratings.

Believe me, you will still need the money just as much when it finally comes.

I feel the money may not come prior until these other issues are adjudicated.

Even if you have already provided the VA with info regarding marriage and dependant's SSA numbers, I continue to strongly suggest (if you don't have proof of submitting this already)

completely filling out a 21-686c and submitting it and any additional information requested on the form, to your local VA. I would do this soon as finance will be figuring what they are supposed to pay.

http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-686c-ARE.pdf

Hope this helps a vet.

jmho,

carlie

Edited by macool

Maccool

I mentioned the IRA only applies If your wife is working.

VA benefits are not taxable, but If your wife is working then she has taxable income.

You can reduce her tax burden with an IRA and the IRS doesnt care where the money comes from.

Sorry if I did not make that clear.

Edited by broncovet