VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Compensation & Pension Exams

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

I filed a claim for fibromyalgia back in 2006 and it was denied no c & p exam nothing, I have multiple complaints of in service muscle pain, fatigue, headaches and a viral infection. I am already service connected for mood disorder claimed as (depression, Fatigue, and sleep disorder). The base of their decision was I was not currently diagnosed with fibromyalgia, the rating decision said, the doctors alleged I probably have fibromyalgia but was not diagnosed with it. I then sent in a progress report from my current rheumatologist that diagnosed me in 2000, another diagnosis in 2007 and my PCP primary care provider diagnosed me with fibromyalgia in 2007. Then I finally got my c & P exam for fibromyalgia in 2008, the doctor reviewed my entire c-file and said I have severe daily effect in activities in: chores, exercise, sports, recreation, and moderate effects in: shopping and traveling. The doctors opinion was that my fibromyalgia is (50/50 probability) caused by my sleep disorder, her rational was that fibromyalgia is a diagnosis which includes fatigue, sleep disorder, and mood disorder, along with multiple joint and muscle complaints. almost certainly the fatigue, sleep disorder, and mood disorder he suffered from while in the military were a part of his fibromyalgia disorder. I got no decision but I did get another c & p exam for fibromyalgia with complaint of numbness and tingling in my arms and legs. Heres the good part my C- file was not there and the doctor came in and sad she did not think my numbness and tingling were part of my fibromyalgia. The very same day prior to my c & p exam I had a rheumatologist appointment and he noted in my computer records I have numbness, tingling, and burning in both my legs and referred me back to neurology. The c & p doctor did not have my c-file and did not even review my computer records. I am glad I told her I had already had a c & p exam for my fibromyalgia. I think VA will look at all the evidence and I feel that most of it is in my favor. Now I have to wait for the decision. I have an appointment with neurology the second week of March and I will ask them what cause my numbess, burning, and tingling in my legs. OK now what do you think

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question