VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iris Response--am I Almost Done?

Rate this question

diablogun

Question

Hi folks,

I got this response today concerning my inquiry about my claim. My claim went to the rating board on Jan 30, 2009. Do you think it will be done very soon?

"your claim is currently located with our Post Determination team awaiting promulgation. You will receive our decision and notification letter via U.S. Mail as soon as the team has reviewed and authorized any awarded benefits, sir. Please feel free to contact us again after you have received this letter if you have any further questions in regards to this claim.

Thank you for contacting us and allowing us to serve you. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below."

Thank you in advance for any input you have. I am in the Phoenix VARO.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Diablo, good for you ~ its getting closer, but hard to say exactly 'when'. For instance, I was told last month my claim was rated, going through promulgation, so its been over a month now. Different details for each veteran, varo, some are retired, others not, some have pensions and some dependents play into the final details for a decision letter.

Wishing you a quick and fair outcome!

Cg'up2009!

Hi folks,

I got this response today concerning my inquiry about my claim. My claim went to the rating board on Jan 30, 2009. Do you think it will be done very soon?

"your claim is currently located with our Post Determination team awaiting promulgation. You will receive our decision and notification letter via U.S. Mail as soon as the team has reviewed and authorized any awarded benefits, sir. Please feel free to contact us again after you have received this letter if you have any further questions in regards to this claim.

Thank you for contacting us and allowing us to serve you. If you have questions or need additional help with the information in our reply, please respond to this message or see our other contact information below."

Thank you in advance for any input you have. I am in the Phoenix VARO.

Diablo, good for you ~ its getting closer, but hard to say exactly 'when'. For instance, I was told last month my claim was rated, going through promulgation, so its been over a month now. Different details for each veteran, varo, some are retired, others not, some have pensions and some dependents play into the final details for a decision letter.

Wishing you a quick and fair outcome!

Cg'up2009!

My claim has not even been for 9 months. Although it is just an initial claim, I cannot imagine the patience of many of the folks on this board. I've been a wreck emotionally while waiting :-)

Diablo

I agree with Cowgirl, tho I doubt that is what you want to hear. A claim can be waiting for a decision for months, or even years.

I recieved an IRIS email, signed by the VARO manager, Christine Alford, promising that "I could expect an answer in 4 to 6 weeks."

I got the decision about a YEAR later..and even that was a denial.

Bottom line..they can tell you the moon is made of green cheese with IRIS..there is no accountability there either. It is just like the rest of the VA..they do just what they please and answer to no one, then cover up everything.

• HadIt.com Elder

Diablo:

Many get confused with the original claim which is usually ruled on in 6 - 12 months and all the waiting caused by a denial or the VA making some kind of mistake or low ball that is appealed.

I suspect that your answer is days or weeks not a long wait in VA time.

Good Luck

Diablo

I agree with Cowgirl, tho I doubt that is what you want to hear. A claim can be waiting for a decision for months, or even years.

I recieved an IRIS email, signed by the VARO manager, Christine Alford, promising that "I could expect an answer in 4 to 6 weeks."

I got the decision about a YEAR later..and even that was a denial.

Bottom line..they can tell you the moon is made of green cheese with IRIS..there is no accountability there either. It is just like the rest of the VA..they do just what they please and answer to no one, then cover up everything.

Ugh. Did you appeal their decision?

Diablo:

Many get confused with the original claim which is usually ruled on in 6 - 12 months and all the waiting caused by a denial or the VA making some kind of mistake or low ball that is appealed.

I suspect that your answer is days or weeks not a long wait in VA time.

Good Luck

Thank you sir :-) I hope you are right.