VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Have Issues With Iris Replies This Week?

Rate this question

Quint7

Question

I'm not sure if this goes in this forum anymore... still trying to figure out all of the new forum groups so sorry if it isn't in the correct place.

I sent an Iris 4 days ago asking about an update on my claim since it has been 3 months since my DRO hearing with no word from VA in the mail. I sent an Iris a month ago or so and got a reply later that day telling me they were waitng on the transcript of the tape. This time, nothing at all. The auto reply I got said it had been sent to 'VBA Response Center 2' and to expect an answer in 5 business days or less.

I'm just wondering if anyone had any issues with a delayed reply this week.

Thanks!

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I'm not sure if this goes in this forum anymore... still trying to figure out all of the new forum groups so sorry if it isn't in the correct place.

I sent an Iris 4 days ago asking about an update on my claim since it has been 3 months since my DRO hearing with no word from VA in the mail. I sent an Iris a month ago or so and got a reply later that day telling me they were waitng on the transcript of the tape. This time, nothing at all. The auto reply I got said it had been sent to 'VBA Response Center 2' and to expect an answer in 5 business days or less.

I'm just wondering if anyone had any issues with a delayed reply this week.

Thanks!

I did the same thing and got the same 5 day response thing. Finaly got a respone on the 8th day.

There are a lot of changes going on is all I can say. Call centers are moving... In fact for veterans of Texas, your not talking to someone at the RO's there anymore. The call centers are gone now. I know that doesn't help your iris question, but if those are being handled "out of state" as well.....

SO the call centers are gone? Ugh.... if my calls start going BACK to Buffalo.........

The call center people (I usually got Cleveland but also got somewhere down south I think once) were MUCH friendier and knowledgable than Buffalo... although most of the problems I had there centered around one person.

Well at least I know that they will reply... even if it takes 8 days.

All of the RO's may not have completely phased the phone teams out yet. The phone teams seem to be located at regional call centers (other RO's).

Also depends on where you are calling from as to which call center picks up the phone.

Based from my recent IRIS experiences:

> It depends on how complex is your question. Sometimes, it takes overnight for simple ones, and normally averages 5 working days w/c includes some researching/data gathering from their end.