VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam (home Adaptation Grant)

Rate this question

Markn123

Question

I am TDIU P&T for dysthymia.arthritis of knees, and ankles. I filed a claim for an home adaptation grant. Now I am scheduled for a C&P exam for the claim. Has anyone ever been to a exam for this type of grant? What should I expect?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

When you ask VA for something they can require a C&P and they will review your status. The exam should be more or less like the C&P's you have already had. I suspect you will actually have two one for dystimia and the other for your arthritis.

I don't want to alarm you but you need to be very careful when you have your C&P Dystimia often leads to Major Depression do you have that?

Good Luck

The VA web site -under Benefit Icon-as well as if you put Special Adaptive Housing into the BVA search feature will show you what this all entails.

I think we have a topic here too under hadit search feature.

You might be eligible for SMC "S"-hpusebound award -do you have any agoraphobia as secondary to your PTSD and dysthymic disorder?

Yes Berta as a matter of fact about 6 months ago my VAMC mental health doctor diagnosed me with General Anxiety Disorder with panic attacks along with my dysthymia. This is in my records. I never knew about SMC S but it is worth looking into . Thank you