Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Decided On March 10th. Now What?

Rate this question

pilgrim01

Question

I called the 1-800 number on Friday and the rep told me that my claim had been finalized and given a rating on Tuesday, March 10th! She said she could not see what it was though. How long until I see or hear anything in writing? I filed my claim mid-August under the "pre-discharge" program. Don't know the actual name. I retired Nov 1st. Thanks!

• Answers 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

When you get your award letter let me know. I am about 4 miles from where you work. I have a template I use for the NOD (bertha gave it to me.) We can meet for lunch You buying of course and due your NOD. Then we post it to hadit they make some great suggestions and off it goes. Have you spent anytime in the gulf? If so go get a gulf war physcial ASAP best thing I ever did.

Jim

Delay, Delay, Delay another thousand Vets will die today. This has been almost a 9 year trip thru the VA maze.

Jim

Also, am I legally bound tpo use AMVETS? I don't remember signing any type of contract or anything. Maybe I need to check my paperwork. I was still in the military when I used them on base! I don't see how the military would have me do a contract like that...... I'll check, though.

Meddac,

I did call and asked to check the Virtual and they said it showed me at 40%.

Well, pilgrim01...how/what did you ask? I asked for the same thing (if rep could/would check Virtual VA) this am and was told "no can do...it's against VA policy."

Also, am I legally bound tpo use AMVETS? I don't remember signing any type of contract or anything. Maybe I need to check my paperwork. I was still in the military when I used them on base! I don't see how the military would have me do a contract like that...... I'll check, though.

Also, in response to this question...if you do not recall making them your POA...then you probably didn't. But you can call and ask who your POA is showing to be. You can also do an IRIS or just call AMVETS and see if they have a file on you. But the short answer is NO...you are not "legally" bound to use AMVETS. Your VSO (POA) is your choice.