Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Decided On March 10th. Now What?

Rate this question

pilgrim01

Question

I called the 1-800 number on Friday and the rep told me that my claim had been finalized and given a rating on Tuesday, March 10th! She said she could not see what it was though. How long until I see or hear anything in writing? I filed my claim mid-August under the "pre-discharge" program. Don't know the actual name. I retired Nov 1st. Thanks!

• Answers 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

luvHim,

I called and said (in a nice tone), "Can I could get my current rating on the Virtual, please"? Just like that and the guy said, "well, let me see"..... then he said, "It shows you're at 40%, did you need anything else?" I said, "no" and "Thank you". I also called the other 1-800 number that I saw on another post in the forum that someone else had used. It wasn't the 1-800-827-1000 number.

What other 1-800 did you call? Thanks.

68mustang

Pete,

No, I haven't received my award letter yet. Go figure. :P I was told by the 1-800 rep that my claim was finalized on Mar 10th and that I shoudl receive something in a couple of weeks. When I called the other 1-800 number yesterday and asked the rep what my rating was in Virtual he said 40%. I don't know what is going on, now. You got me a lil nervous.... :huh: Were you recently retired? How many items were on your claim? Maybe my RO is a little slower than yours? I don't know????

68mustang,

I called 1-866-258-0341.

Edited by pilgrim01

no, I did not recently retire, there were seven issues on my claim and VA add IU and dependent education. IU was found moot, VA denied six, and dependent education and one other issue was granted but that was all I needed to get the 100% P & T, I was already 90% before this rating. Something is still not right, if they made a decision on the tenth and you know your are 40% then the hard copy of the award letter should have went out at least by the 13th. The rep did tell you, you were 40% so that is good but now you have to get the letter saying what VA granted and what the denied to go forward. You could try to call them back an tell them you never received and award letter and they should be able to look it up and see if and when they mailed it out but it still does not make sense to to me or call your POA and ask them what is the deal.

Pete992

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

Pete,

No, I haven't received my award letter yet. Go figure. :P I was told by the 1-800 rep that my claim was finalized on Mar 10th and that I shoudl receive something in a couple of weeks. When I called the other 1-800 number yesterday and asked the rep what my rating was in Virtual he said 40%. I don't know what is going on, now. You got me a lil nervous.... :huh: Were you recently retired? How many items were on your claim? Maybe my RO is a little slower than yours? I don't know????

68mustang,

I called 1-866-258-0341.

When I called the regular 1-800 and I was told by the clerk that my claim was at ratings board and that it would later be sent for authorization. Don't know what that means, but I was hoping that it might be good news.Thanks pilgrim01 for the number.

68mustang

You are totally right, Pete. I want to first give them the "couple of weeks" they said (it is so hard). Then, I will re-attack. This wait is nerve-racking.

How long did it take when you tried for your appeal or whatever you did to get the additional 10% from submission to end?

You are totally right, Pete. I want to first give them the "couple of weeks" they said (it is so hard). Then, I will re-attack. This wait is nerve-racking.

How long did it take when you tried for your appeal or whatever you did to get the additional 10% from submission to end?

pilgrim01

I received this afternoon by internet a response to my previous IRIS request. I was told that after reviewing my files it showed that the VA had not received the exam report from the QTC doctor who performed the hearing loss /vertigo exam . I called the QTC office here that sent me for the exam and they checked their records. The records show that the exam was done on 2-4-2009 and a copy of the exam was sent to the VA on 2-6-2009. I called the 1-800 number and I was told by the VA rep. that the system showed that the exam record had not been received. I told the VA rep. that QTC had sent a copy of the report on 2-6-2009 and what could be the problem with the VA's non receipt of the exam report. The VA rep. stated that he would put me on hold and then came back and said that he had checked another system and it showed that the report was at the VA. He said he would note it in the system that the report was at the VA so that other VA reps. could also know that the report was there.

Get ready for this !!!!!

When I asked the VA rep. where he checked he stated that it was another system that they had access to. I asked him if it was the "VIrtual" system and he replied that it was. I then asked him if anyone can request that they checked the vitural system he answered yes. I asked him him where the call center was located at and he said Oklahoma City. Plus there is another in Phoenix, Arizona and I believe he said there are two more call centers. I don't know if when you call the 1-800 you will randomly be directed to a particular call center, which would account for all the different answers we receive. Thanks to all of you who mentioned the virtual system because I was not aware that such a system existed. It just shows how much this web site and it's members can help.

68mustang