Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Claims Advice Question I Found New Evidence

Rate this question

hrodeo

Question

I am deep into packaging up my PTSD stressor letter and package. TO my amazement, I just found a page from my medical records page from my active duty years ago, (incident was over 20 years ago) that clearly states 'patient has PTSD" and other pages refer to the support I recieved for the "incident".

Question:? Is it possible that VA can connect PTSD back to the date? or maybe the date I started recieving treatment for same at the VA medical offices several years ago? Just curious. Thanks

Trust me, I will definitely ear mark that page big time!

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

den, I am under a pysch's care already at the VA, is that sufficient? I do have other health insurance and can get a second opinion. I am planning on putting in my paperwork in the next few days. If I see another health care provider afterwards, maybe then I can have them submit a report then (say a few weeks after my stressor letter goes in?) thanks for your response.hr

You are going to need a diagnoses of ptsd from a shrink or physcologist for your claim to move forward.

den

• In Memoriam

Then again MUC (Meritorious Unit Citation) or MUC (Meritorious Unit Commendation) should show certain campaigns that you may have been directly involved in. Like Lam Son 719 campaign for 42 days with the dates. These dates on Citations or Commendations are important to show place and dates of events that happened.

IME (Independent Medical Evaluation) DRO (Decision Review Officer) these are the guys that make decisions on claims at the VARO (Vets. Admin. Regional Office)

Edited by Stretch